Talksport - Channel 723

Can anyone help me please? I have a BT DTR-T4000 1TB YouView Ultra HD 4K box. Ever since we have had it, we have never been able to get any audio on Talksport Radio, channel 723. The signal strength/quality is 100% according to the settings. It's the only radio channel that has no audio. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated and my thanks in anticipation of your time.

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 875Administrator admin
    Hi @Diegobound
    Welcome to the forum. 
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue you're having with the Talksport radio channel. I've just checked the same channel on my T4000 and I also have no sound so I'll check this with our team to see if they're aware of any issues with this channel. 
    I'll update once I know more :) 
    Thanks!
    Sarah
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    For test purposes I've just checked channel 723 (TalkSport) on a retail T2000 and get audio.

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    For test purposes I've just checked channel 723 (TalkSport) on a retail T2000 and get audio.

Yes, but not in 4K  :D
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    Is it even in stereo?  :p  
    edited 24 September 2018, 4:37PM
    Hiya,
    Just to update, after testing a few T4000 devices and experienced a similar issue, we've raised this as an issue to fix. We've found that the audio does start after about 10 minutes however we know this is not an ideal experience. I'll update here once we have an idea of when it'll be resolved.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 887Member ✭✭
    Might be might be worth trying pressing pause button and then almost straightaway play button.
    Hiya,
    We can confirm that pressing pause and then play is a mitigation for this issue. It is something we're investigating however for now, we recommend people use this mitigation if they'd like to listen to the TalkSport radio channel. 
    Once I have an update regarding this I'll let you know :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,648Member ✭✭✭
    I think the box is subliminally judging the users' choice of radio channel ....
  • DiegoboundDiegobound Posts: 3Member
    Sarah said:
    Hiya,
    We can confirm that pressing pause and then play is a mitigation for this issue. It is something we're investigating however for now, we recommend people use this mitigation if they'd like to listen to the TalkSport radio channel. 
    Once I have an update regarding this I'll let you know :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Many thanks Sarah for taking the time to reply. After reading the 'pause and play' tip, this does indeed work. I appreciate all the help received.

Diegobound.
  • DiegoboundDiegobound Posts: 3Member
    zulu17 said:
    Might be might be worth trying pressing pause button and then almost straightaway play button.
    Much appreciated, zulu17. That works.