No sound on internet channels

wmpjrwmpjr Posts: 6Member
I was prompted to update my youview box software yesterday afternoon which I duly did. Since the update, I have had no sound on any internet channels or on the now TV movies app. I do, however, have perfect sound on Netflix and all free view channels. Has the software update created a problem?

Comments

• wmpjrwmpjr Posts: 6Member
    The youview box I have is a Humax DTRT2100... software version CDS/31.28.0... app version 2.0.5 (33dc0ce)

the box box is connected to an Aerial and to BT internet. I have a BT TV package. I am connected to the tv via a scart lead, not hdmi
  • SarahSarah Posts: 935Administrator admin
    Hi @wmpjr
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    We're not aware of any issues with the latest software update causing issues with sound.
    Do you have access to an HDMI cable which you can try on the box? 
    We'd suggest you give a Maintenance Mode Reset number 2 a try as this can usually resolve any sudden issues which have popped up on the box. An MMR2 is a factory reset which keeps your recordings but can reset any settings you've changed so we would recommend that you note these down if you have changed them at all. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I tried the reset and it is still the same. No sound on internet channels and some apps. I’ve never used an HDMI cable and don’t own one. I haven’t changed any settings or messed with any cables. The software update was the only change made
    Thanks for the info @wmpjr. Are you trying to access HD IP channels or just the usual SD IP channels?
    We'll try and get the same set up sorted on our end to do some testing. 

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi there, apologies for the late reply. I’ve been away. I am just accessing the SD channels. Funnily enough, I have just tried the itv hub and the adverts had perfect sound but the programme was silent?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    wmpjr said:
    Hi there, apologies for the late reply. I’ve been away. I am just accessing the SD channels. Funnily enough, I have just tried the itv hub and the adverts had perfect sound but the programme was silent?
    The ads are injected from a different content server than the actual programmes.

This does not of itself explain the sound discrepancy, but may explain why ads versus programmes is the transition point.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Thanks for the info Roy. We’ll see what they come up with. It’s getting a bit annoying now
    Hi @wmpjr
    We'd suggest that you try a different SCART cable to see if this helps with the issue. If you are able to borrow an HDMI cable from someone you know to try out, this could also help with this issue as well. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I tried a brand new scart lead and the result was the same. I now have a hdmi cable and that works perfectly. Looks like the new software update has affected scart connections. As most people use hdmi cables, this may be why nobody has complained?
    wmpjr said:
    I tried a brand new scart lead and the result was the same. I now have a hdmi cable and that works perfectly. Looks like the new software update has affected scart connections. As most people use hdmi cables, this may be why nobody has complained?
    Hi @wmpjr

Thanks for letting us know and we're glad to hear that an HDMI works fine.

We've tested SCART connections with the TVs we have here and have not been able to reproduce the same issue. We could get your TV model so we can try and replicate it that way if possible. Can you also confirm that the SCART was connected directly from the box to the TV with nothing in between? This would just be good to clarify so that our set up can be as close to yours as possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah