BT App

AKAK Posts: 49Member
I have two youview retail boxes and I have used the youview app to set remote recordings on one box and the BT app to set remote recordings on the 2nd box. But I changed my phone (so had to download new apps) and the BT app will no longer pair with the 2nd youview box. Both my boxes are T2000.
I do not have a BT TV package but the BT app did work previously with my retail box so I am unclear why it no longer works. When in the BT app it keeps asking me to login to BT but I did not have to do this previously.

Comments

• Tim CTim C Posts: 348Member ✭✭
    Instead of the BT TV app which now requires you to have a BT login - as you've found out - just try the TalkTalk TV app.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
  • AKAK Posts: 49Member
    Will try that thanks.
    Tried Talk Talk Tv but that requires a login and to set that up (register) it needs your talk talk telephone number and account number, so that will not work.
    Any other suggestions would be welcome
  • WayneWayne Posts: 80Member
    There are a couple of TalkTalk apps. The one you need is called TalkTalk TV Planner. 
    Thanks for the info it worked with my phone but I can't get it to work with my android tablet.
    There is a problem with my tablet, youview app worked before but now will not work, keep getting an error message YV5010 which does not appear in the list of youview error codes . So no idea what this means.
    I tried to set up the youview app on my old tablet and it worked on there as did the Talk Talk app so the issue is my (newer) tablet (less than a year old) not the apps or the youview boxes, I will need to sort this out but it is obviously not an issue for this community.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 896Member ✭✭
    edited 30 September 2018, 5:06PM
    There is a YVM5010 error code so wonder whether there is a letter missing in what you are seeing
    https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/error-messages/fix-for-yvm5010
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,530Member ✭✭✭
    edited 30 September 2018, 8:08PM
    AK said:
    There is a problem with my tablet, youview app worked before but now will not work, keep getting an error message YV5010 which does not appear in the list of youview error codes . So no idea what this means.
    I tried to set up the youview app on my old tablet and it worked on there as did the Talk Talk app so the issue is my (newer) tablet (less than a year old) not the apps or the youview boxes, I will need to sort this out but it is obviously not an issue for this community.
    @AK

While there are as many Android OSes as there are Android devices, and some have, or had, quirks that tripped up the YouView app and/or its pairing, the design aim is that where humanly possible, the YouView app will run, and pair, on all of them.

So this is a certainly a matter for YouView to be concerned about.

If you can please give details of your tablet - make, model and version of Android it is running - here, then YouView can check if this tablet is or ought to be covered, and progress the matter.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)