MyTV Preview Unavailable

VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
edited 1 October 2018, 8:53AM in Support
"Unable to load. Please wait a moment and try again. YVM503."
All tiles are blank yet the recordings play fine.
The box is connected and all the Players play fine. On a Retail T2000. A problem which I haven't come across before. Its not really a problem, just one I thought I should report.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 October 2018, 9:22AM
    @Visionman

The thumbnails are frequently refetched from the cloud instead of being stored on the box, a practice I have long deprecated, and one which no-one in YouView has ever given any explanation or justification for, as far as I know.

However, they are just cosmetic, a little bit of NextGen ‘chrome’ that is prone to frequent misfires, in whole or in part, while the box does at least keep and display a placeholder for each recording you have, which, as you have found, lets you access the recording.

As described, thankfully, by the text, just like OldGen did, except that it is not as well displayed, NextGen rather relying on the rather unreliable thumbnail images.

But cobblers’ children, physician heal thyself, etc., etc., and what advice would we give a new poster in this situation?

So: have you worked through the steps here?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say this but I know how it works Roy. Perhaps more than you. Perhaps.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Sorry to say this but I know how it works Roy. Perhaps more than you. Perhaps.
     :D 
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • SarahSarah Posts: 875Administrator admin
    Hi @Visionman

There is an issue which we're currently investigating and monitoring which sounds like the one you're reporting here. Is this the first time you've seen this error? If it continues, it'd be useful to know roughly how often you see it and if any reboots help with the issue.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    Just reporting back all thumbnail images are now back to normal.