Youview box shows black screen

I’ve just brought a second hand youview humax box set DRT -t2000 and when i turn it on it goes through the waking up screen and then goes black, after a few minutes it starts to load up youview ‘loading’, then suddenly goes black again and does nothing. the only thing that shows up is the volume bar, the remote flashes as if it’s working however nothing happens.
Please help!

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 October 2018, 7:32AM
    Hi @hannahoakess and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you are having issues - let’s see what we can do here.

Firstly, the volume bar is likely from your TV; does that show on other inputs?

But whatever, the best way to revive a dead YouView box you just bought, if it can be revived at all, is a Maintenance Mode Factory Reset. (Click/tap through the link for the instructions, when you are ready to try them).

Choose the instructions for the T2000, as they are model-specific, and use Option 5, the most drastic and far-reaching one. (The gentler options are for established boxes, where the YouView user has something to lose, but these are not your circumstances).

If after this, things are no better, and you are connected to a modern Full HD LCD TV via a working HDMI cable or to any TV over a working SCART cable (ask here again if neither of these things is the case) then you will need to get in touch with whoever you bought it from, and ask for a refund or replacement as the box is not working.

The DTR-T2000 is a sound choice, though, as it is still the current retail model, and while some of them do go wrong with hardware faults, it is generally a very reliable YouView device.

Good luck, and do tell us how you get on; likewise if you get it or a replacement working and have other questions, we are here to help!
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Hi thanks for the feedback, i have tried to factory reset however when i press the button on the front of the box nothing seems to happen, the volume bar looks different than it usually does in normal tv mode however everything else is still blank, sometimes if i press the text button a warning comes up that I have the remote on tv mode which shows there is signs of life in the box. Hence why i’m so confused as to what’s happend. I did update the box when i first turned it on which may of caused it to fault? 

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    What happens if you heed the warning and put the remote in YouView mode?

And did you do the MM reset exactly as described in that link? You have to follow those instructions very closely, including the state of the box when you begin the procedure.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley