Amazon Prime App

From researching around he web it appears that some YouView users already have this app, others don't yet, and some with older hardware won't be getting it at all. Can we have a list of those devices which already have a software update that includes Amazon; and guidelines as to when those devices that don't yet have it might receive? I was suprised to be advised by Humax that this was all at the discression of YouView rather than the hardware providers.

From a purely personal point of view I am interested in the Humax Retail DTR-T2000 box..

Peter

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,297Member ✭✭✭
    My, that’s a trickier question to answer from the information provided by YouView than it ought to be  :(

The Amazon Prime app was rolled out to BT T2100 and T2200 boxes in update 31.24.0, but not to BT T4000 in that update.

Then the update was pulled, due to various issues, and 31.28.0 rolled out, which (although it does not say) had the same arrangements for Amazon Prime.

Retail YouView users with T2000s, BT users with T4000s, everyone with a TalkTalk box, and all owners of T10x0 boxes, await further news of Amazon Prime.

Or like me, shrug and plug their Amazon stick in and get it that way, with Atmos, 4K and HDR if they have the latest stick, no matter how decrepit or lacking in these functions their YouView box may be  :p
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 October 2018, 9:34AM
    The only devices that aren't going to get this app are the DTR-T1000 and the Huawei DN371T.
    Please don't listen to speculation that this app will be available to all within two weeks as thats just social media forum speak and speculation, as YouView don't advance or advise rollout dates.

BTs YouView T2100 currently has the app but at the moment is the only one.
    edited 9 October 2018, 12:37PM
    Visionman said:

BT's YouView T2100 currently has the app but at the moment is the only one.

Even though YouView say the T2200 has it?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,918Member ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not aware of that.
    edited 9 October 2018, 12:54PM
    Visionman said:
    I'm honestly not aware of that.
    I guess knowing so much about the future that no-one else knows doesn’t leave a lot of time to know all about the present   :D

But click the link behind the word ‘update’ in my posting above of 8th October, and check it out  B)