Recent update on retail humax DTR T2000 boxes

kerrykerry Posts: 63Member
edited 12 October 2018, 3:19PM in Discussion
I've found the new update, very irritating as well distracting. When I opened up TV guide menu, it's shows up to an enlarged slot of the time and first line of the program. It's just popped up whether I like it or not. I just finds it extremely distracting. They should have left it alone and use information button on remote. I'm not impressed at all :/

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 140Member
    Totally agree with you Kerry! You are not alone. Hopefully more will have a moan! I can only guess a "fix" will be included in a future software release that includes an advanced feature named . . . "on" or "off" setting! Just needs a little planning in the design. Watch this space! Have a great weekend! John L
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 752Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 October 2018, 3:40PM
    And plus one on that. There really should be an Enable/Disable feature in the "Appearance" menu.

It takes up too much horizontal real estate, blocking information for the next programme, and doesn't contain sufficient info for you to not have to press the "i" button.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • kerrykerry Posts: 63Member
    John L said:
    Totally agree with you Kerry! You are not alone. Hopefully more will have a moan! I can only guess a "fix" will be included in a future software release that includes an advanced feature named . . . "on" or "off" setting! Just needs a little planning in the design. Watch this space! Have a great weekend! John L
    I've emailed them directly about this and I hope they take notice and add this feature you mentioned the on and off feature! If there's more people who complain they may listen! Have a good weekend:)
  • seeseeseesee Posts: 4Member
    I'm here to moan, as John suggests!  I agree with all the above comments. Why is this intrusion even needed? .... what's wrong with using the good old info button all of a sudden? What an annoying update this one is.....3.5.120 - 31.62.10.  Why oh why don't they give us an option to disable these tweaks. Hate it - hate it.
  • Davey23Davey23 Posts: 54Member
    edited 15 October 2018, 11:18AM
    100% agree it is annoying and needs an off switch.
    Hard to believe they are putting their time and efforts into "upgrades" like these, instead of bringing back things like the mini tv guide or option to choose the time on playing back recordings.
  • John LJohn L Posts: 140Member
    Roll up, roll up, complaints are rolling in. Youview hopefully will take note & resolve very shortly. The grey banner is bad enough, now at the moment we are having to put up with this silly "popup gadget" that is very distracting. It may have looked good for a brief few moments in the Youview workshop design dept, but to have to live with this really is unfair. Everyone will have different views & opinions, please kindly add a feature to disable if not required or better still get rid of & think of something better: info at top of screen (like the other pvrs have) + if you have time, bring back the mini tv screen. It is useful. I look forward to hopefully improved updates that fix/restore features that have been taken away from original design. John L
  • I really dislike this feature too.  If I need the whole information for the programme I can click on the information button.  This new feature is annoying rather than helpful.
  • steviejaysteviejay Posts: 3Member
    I have it on my DN372s. I want it on the T2100 because it's useful, saves pressing the [INFO] button in and out.
  • I find it beyond irritating. You can't use the guide now to scroll up and down with the programme button as the box obsures the next programme on, give limited info, and I already know if it's ending soon, on now or just about to start by looking at the time bar at the top.
    The info given by using the info button was always good enough for me.
    I want a way to turn this OFF!
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,144Member ✭✭✭
    Its certainly one of YouViews lesser liked features and doesn't add anything to the EPG, but its all been fed back.