Plusnet

DanielDaniel Posts: 1,874Member ✭✭
Does plus net have it's own skin like talktalk and bt does?? Has anyone on plusnet got Amazon prime yet??

Comments

• John C1John C1 Posts: 27Member
    I've just packed my plusnet zapper box up as I don't use it, I've a retail BT 2110. It's running the latest version from plusnet and it has the Amazon Prime player. It doesn't have any kind of skin that I can see, just stock youview.

hth
  • John29John29 Posts: 23Member
    The Plusnet provided box does not have Amazon Prime Video.

I have Amazon Prime Video on my BT Youview box (Humax T2000) with Plusnet as my ISP.

The software and the apps on the box doesn't change with ISP. Specific features and Apps are box model specific.

Only the colour scheme/theme is different between ISP's.

Youview boxes on Plusnet use the old blue skin that BT used to have before going black/purple.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,002Member ✭✭✭
    Daniel said:
    Does plus net have it's own skin like talktalk and bt does?? 
    No Daniel, Plusnet uses the retail skin with no branding at all.
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,874Member ✭✭
    This is fantastic news thanks guys. If you couldn't tell I'm on the move again. Although Vodafone have been good unfortunately I recently had a fault on the internet and the procedure for fixing faults has left a bad taste in my mouth because it's extremely poor. Plus I missed paid TV on YouView lol
  • John C1John C1 Posts: 27Member
    John29 said:
    The Plusnet provided box does not have Amazon Prime Video.
    Are you sure about that John29? Do you mean the youview+ box from plusnet as I don't have access to that but my plusnet zapper box definitely does have the amazon prime app.

According to this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Amazon-App/td-p/1548254 a staff member on their community was telling people about 3 weeks ago that it is now available on their youview boxes, just to perform an update if it wasn't available.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 1,972Member ✭✭✭
    I’m with plusnet ( fibre only) but using a retail bought T2000. Not had the Amazon app yet. Sounds like it’s box specific rather then isp specific. 
    So it’s on BT branded retail boxes, as well as BT TV bundled boxes, and now plusnet boxes too. 
    Probably not too long before retail neutral boxes see it too...I hope
    I still have my bt boxes so very shortly I will be able to let people know if I got prime or not. I would be quite interested to know how people found their faults management services.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 1,972Member ✭✭✭
    I’ve not had any faults with Plusnet. Lived in two locations with them without any issues. Found them to be a reliable isp.  
    Also they have been rolling out FTTP in designated areas, which I’m benefiting from at the moment. So a big tick from me.
    I don’t subscribe to plusnet tv, but search results will bring up content from their channels occasionally, but its not too bad and rarely gets in the way of what I’m trying to find. 
    Theres no plusnet branding (apart from the occasional mentioned search results) pushed onto my retail Youview box, which works well for me. 
    The search results won't be a problem for me because I'm planning to subscribe to every single channel they offer.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,002Member ✭✭✭
    Are you any good at haggling, Daniel? Because if you 'um and arr' about a deal, in the past they have been known to give a box away for free.
    I will definitely give it a try it couldn't hurt. 
    The router turned up I would say the Vodafone one is better looking but if it does the job I'm happy I suppose.
    I'm up and running. Had a bit of a rocky start but Plusnet managed to get everything sorted out in the same day. Customer service was decent and I now have Amazon prime on YouView.