BT Router Home Hub 5 resets

jonboyjonboy Posts: 5Member
I have noticed that a couple of times a week, not at regular times, the router disconnects from the internet & resets itself, it takes around 3 minutes, I am using BT superfast fibre, this is a new router as the old one kept reseting but not reconnecting. is this reset  something that normally happens ?? - Thanks

Comments

• DarrenDarren Posts: 286Member ✭✭
    edited 21 October 2018, 7:39PM
    My old Home Hub 3 mid last year started having WiFi dropouts but not every week maybe 3 times a month and was resetting its self every 4 or 5 week. After 4 phone calls and a complaint put in to BT they finally decided to replaced my Home Hub 3 with the Home Hub 4.
    Worth giving BT a phone but depending on who you get on the other end of the phone I find BT phone support to be mixed.

Darren
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    My Home Hub 6 is back in its box, having proved severely unreliable in its first week, necessitating BT Openreach to come out twice, to no avail.

My Netgear Nighthawk stops maybe once every three months, needing to be restarted, and a couple of those times it was down to BT to fix things remotely, which they did speedily and effectively.

One day, I am sure, there will be something BT can’t at first fix, and they will politely ask me to swap the HH6 back in as part of the diagnosis, so I keep it handy; but so far, this scenario has not come about.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(