App will not connect to box

The app on my phone used to connect to the box no problem but stopped a couple of months ago saying it can't find the box on my network. Nothing has changed in the set-up of network, box or app. I've been through the steps on the support site to fix this several times but to no avail. Any thoughts gratefully received!

Comments

• LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin
    edited 25 October 2018, 12:27PM
    Hi @stevethepug

Welcome!

Which error message in particular are you seeing, if you are seeing one at all?
    Have you recently performed a maintenance mode reset on your YouView box?
    Are you using an ethernet cable or powerline adapters?
    Have you tried following the steps in this article to disconnect the app, and re-connect?

Apologies for the bombardment of queries, but the more information the easier to diagnose!

Thank you,

Louise.

• Bob BoulbyBob Boulby Posts: 55Member
    Is it an Android phone running Oreo? I had problems a while ago (as did others). Updating to Pie solved it for me but I'm not sure if the original problem was ever fixed. Discussion here ...

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18995730#Comment_18995730

Bob.
  • It is! Thank you Bob. That might well explain it, though Google say my Nexus phone is up to date so don't seem to be offering me Pie. Apart from upgrading to Pie there doesn't seem to be a fix as you say.
  • Hi @Louise

The error is YVM5010. I'm using an Ethernet cable. The app is currently disconnected and can't reconnect. I haven't performed a maintenance mode reset - should I?

Looks to me like the problem is the one Bob mentioned in a previous comment to do with Android Oreo. I don't see any mention of a fix for that.

Thanks for your help

Steve

edited 24 October 2018, 4:01PM
    Looks to me like the problem is the one Bob mentioned in a previous comment to do with Android Oreo. I don't see any mention of a fix for that.

There was an issue with Pixel devices, however if you are using a Pixel you should be able to update to Pie.
    We have had some success with users experiencing pairing issues by turning aeroplane mode on, waiting for 5 seconds, and turning it off then trying again. Would you be able to give this a go to see if it fixes anything?

Louise.
  • Hi @Louise
    That doesn't work I'm afraid. My phone is a Google Nexus 6P which, it seems, is not going to get the Pie update.
    Thanks for your help
    Steve
    Hi @Louise
    That doesn't work I'm afraid. My phone is a Google Nexus 6P which, it seems, is not going to get the Pie update.
    Thanks for your help
    Steve
    Would you be able to try the aeroplane mode on, wait 5 seconds, and off again, once more for me, but this time while your box is in standby, only turning it on when you see the prompt to press OK on the remote? If this still does not work, would you let me know the make and model of your box (which you can find by pressing Help on your remote, and navigating to Information)?

And whether or not your mobile phone is on the same network (not, for instance, a guest network) and frequency as your YouView box?

Thank you,

Louise.
  • Thanks @Louise

No joy I'm afraid. I can't get as far as the prompt to press ok on the remote. It gives me "Searching..." for a minute or so and then the error message.

Yes, the phone is on the same network and frequency (and used to work fine). 

The box is a Humax DTRT2110 variant 84B08530.

Thanks again!

Steve
  • @Louise Just wondering if you have any further suggestions on this? Thanks!
    Morning @stevethepug

I've passed your information on to the relevant team to ask for some more suggestions. I'll update you as soon as I have some more information.

In the meantime, it probably wouldn't hurt to try and pair the app again. We have had a lot of reports of people who find that their apps eventually pair. If this does happen, please let us know!

Thank you,

Louise.