YouView not playing any programs?

H/W version:DN360T.01.02.P

We're having difficulty with a YouView box, branded under TalkTalk and received as part of our package free of charge many years ago, never before used.

The issue is that no TV shows or channels play whatsoever. We're not connecting an aerial to the device.

- BBC iPlayer works.
 - My5 has an indefinite loading spinner BUT ADVERTS BEFORE THE PROGRAM DO PLAY FINE.
 - UKTV comes up with:
"We're sorry! Sorry but UKTV Play is having problems playing back this video. Please try again.

If you're still having problems then contact our customer service team at [email protected]
Error code: UKTV-03-V005"

All connections are fine and unit has an IP address and correct Gateway settings etc.
DNS settings were initially 192.168.1.1, that is to say forwarded to the AP, but I also changed this to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 with no joy.

Any pointers, as we have been trying to resolve this for three weeks now, would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Edan Brooke

Comments

• BawmerBawmer Posts: 49Member
    edited 26 October 2018, 5:36PM
    an aerial connection is require to watch TV channels and for initial set up.
  • An aerial connection is also required by some players to verify you can play the content provided. If you don't have an aerial you will only be able to get TV via purchasing boost channels.

This might help you.
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Do-I-need-a-TV-aerial-to-get-TalkTalk-TV/ta-p/2204739
  • Hi,

Thanks both for your input.
    Is this the case if all we're trying to do is use UKTV and My5?

The reason behind using the box is that the user has no TV license. Does anyone know of any workarounds?

Thanks,
    Edan
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,435Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 November 2018, 11:36AM
    Hi,

Thanks both for your input.
    Is this the case if all we're trying to do is use UKTV and My5?

The reason behind using the box is that the user has no TV license. Does anyone know of any workarounds?

Thanks,
    Edan
    You said BBC iPlayer works fine. So you watched something that requires you to have a TV licence.

However, if you have a TV licence, but are setting this up for someone who lives at a different address from you, and doesn’t have an aerial or a TV licence, you can tune it in at your address, take it round there, and they should be fine. 

You must tell tell them not to watch the BBC iPlayer, unless they buy a TV licence first, though pretty soon, I think, the BBC iPlayer is going to need a sign-in, such that the BBC can check if they have a licence, and come after them if not, unless they stay well away from the iPlayer.

If they are over 75, a TV licence is free, but they still have to have one to watch the BBC iPlayer.

(If you are talking about yourself, though, or someone living in the same property as you, and it is not an HMO, read ‘you’ for each ‘they’ above).
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)