[Discussion] BT software update 31.106.0 / 3.5.96

LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin
Hello everyone,

Feel free to discuss the latest BT software update in this thread. This is a maintenance release for BT T4000s with no new features, but a number of bug fixes to improve performance.

This update includes a fix for an issue where audio wasn't playing on radio recordings. Any radio recordings which were previously not playing should now work without any issues. 

Louise.

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2018, 4:23PM

Does this not include the Amazon app for these boxes??

If that is correct we are now 4 1/2 months down the line and a couple of software releases on from when the T2xxx boxes got the Amazon app. The T4000 is a higher spec box and you can't get it working on it, I am utterly speechless as to what a shambles this is...

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,002Member ✭✭✭
    Hi scott,
    It should be out (staggered rollout) for T4000's by the end of Nov.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,430Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Hi scott,
    It should be out (staggered rollout) for T4000's by the end of Nov.
    And you know that how?
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Ahhh... the mysteries of the internet...

Youview+ Ultra HD
     boxes will get it from November.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62191/~/amazon-prime-video-app-on-bt-tv
    Visionman said:
    Ahhh... the mysteries of the internet...

Youview+ Ultra HD
     boxes will get it from November.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62191/~/amazon-prime-video-app-on-bt-tv
    Thanks @Visionman

But they don’t say which year  :p
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 343Member ✭✭
    As they've only just started the rollout of 31.106 which would normally take up to a month it does seem rather unlikely that there'll be another release fully rolled out by the end of November.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
  • scottscott Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭
    I think that is the page that originally said September, then October and now November so I would take that with a large pinch of salt...
  • John C1John C1 Posts: 27Member
    scott said:

Does this not include the Amazon app for these boxes??

If that is correct we are now 4 1/2 months down the line and a couple of software releases on from when the T2xxx boxes got the Amazon app. The T4000 is a higher spec box and you can't get it working on it, I am utterly speechless as to what a shambles this is...

As this update arrives it's also worth pointing out that this is now OVER 3 MONTHS since the last update, 31.28.0. Wasn't that one also a quick fix update for the botched 31.24.0? It's just painfully slow progress, disappointed...
    There's very little detail of the bug fixes included and I seem to recall that BT stated that a fix for continual Maintenance Mode restart problems would be released in 31.106. Can this be confirmed or denied please as I've just updated one of my T4000 & would like to know?

“Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
    What it fixes has been stated in the release notes.
    edited 11 November 2018, 11:07PM
    Visionman said:
    No, it says:-

We have fixed a number of bugs in this release including:
    • An issue where radio recordings would play without audio.
    All others of that ‘number of bugs’ remain undescribed.
  • LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin
    Tim C said:
    There's very little detail of the bug fixes included and I seem to recall that BT stated that a fix for continual Maintenance Mode restart problems would be released in 31.106. Can this be confirmed or denied please as I've just updated one of my T4000 & would like to know?

Hi @Tim C

Would you be able to be more specific with the details of this issue? Is this your box automatically performing maintenance mode reboots, or an issue with maintenance mode reboots, or an issue that is fixed by a maintenance mode reboot?

I'll have a look into this if you can provide me with a little more information and see where it stands.
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:
    No, it says:-

We have fixed a number of bugs in this release including:
    • An issue where radio recordings would play without audio.
    All others of that ‘number of bugs’ remain undescribed.

Hi @Roy

We tend only to call out the bugs which have had a large impact on viewers, but if there is anything you would like us to look into, let me know.

Thanks,
    Louise.
    Really? You can't tell us what bug fixes were included in a specific release?
    In this thread on the BT Community forum regarding UHD boxes going into Maintenance Mode the final post mentions 31.106. https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/UHD-Box-keeps-going-into-Maintenance-Mode/td-p/1703094
    Can you confirm this release should address this issue?

• LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin
    Tim C said:
    Really? You can't tell us what bug fixes were included in a specific release?
    In this thread on the BT Community forum regarding UHD boxes going into Maintenance Mode the final post mentions 31.106. https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/UHD-Box-keeps-going-into-Maintenance-Mode/td-p/1703094
    Can you confirm this release should address this issue?

Hi @Tim C,

The list of bug fixes is long, and not all of them will have had a viewer impact. We call out those which have had a lot of discussion, such as the long awaited radio recordings fix, but we will look into the status of any issues or bugs we are asked about or which are reported back to us.

As for the issue you link to, we can confirm the fix was implemented in this release and we are monitoring it with BT.

Louise.
    I think not listing all the bugs you have fixed, in the Release Notes, is a mistake, and you should publish a complete list and be damned.

For everyone who says ‘My word, that’s a long list’ there will be three people who say ‘My word, so there is some content in YouView releases after all’.