Problems with T2100

natty75natty75 Posts: 3Member
Hi.we bought a 2nd hand you view box around 5wks ago.its been working perfect until today..the red light is on at the the front of box but nothing else is happening now.. we've had all cables out,unplugged,restored factory settings,maintenance mode etc..my hubby changed it to smart mode,its gone wrong since then! Internet connection is fine,just can't get blue light to come on the box.has anyone got any advice please.. thanks.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,938Member ✭✭✭
    Were you offered any kind of a warranty with it?

If so, as you seem to have exhausted all other possibilities, it may be time to invoke it.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • natty75natty75 Posts: 3Member
    We bought it second hand off someone,so no warranty..it was all we could afford..maybe throwing it at a brick wall will ''wake' it up 😀
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,938Member ✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2018, 5:11PM
    natty75 said:
    We bought it second hand off someone,so no warranty..it was all we could afford..maybe throwing it at a brick wall will ''wake' it up 😀
    Oh dear - I do hope you did not pay too much for it  :'(

But I think we should absolve your husband of any blame - putting these boxes into Smart mode does not usually break them, so this is something that just happened after that change, rather than because of it.

There are lots of these T2100 boxes on eBay, though, and usually reliable, so if you are not put off, you might like to consider one of those. Even with such a second purchase, you will have much better than break-even against a new, guaranteed one.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • natty75natty75 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for your replies..we paid £50 for it..think we will just see if we can afford a new one next month,then at least it's under warranty if anything goes wrong.I'm still blaming my husband though😂