NOW TV app support ending on older YouView boxes

While helping on subtitles on another thread I came across the following information from NOW TV that I wasn't aware of and couldn't find in a forum search, so I thought I would share it just in case it effects anyone:

Can't say I had heard about this but I am glad I sold my DTR-T1010!

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 892Member ✭✭
    It was raised on this forum on the 3 Nov  the list of boxes then was

Keep in mind: Older YouView boxes that look like those below (model numbers DTR-T1000 or DTR-T1010) will no longer support NOW TV from December 2018.  

so it does look like further boxes have been included in the list.

• scottscott Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭
    It would be nice of YouView to make a statement regarding this as December is not that far away.
  • stereohavenstereohaven Posts: 22Member
    edited 7 November 2018, 12:27PM
    zulu17 said:
    It was raised on this forum on the 3 Nov  the list of boxes then was

Keep in mind: Older YouView boxes that look like those below (model numbers DTR-T1000 or DTR-T1010) will no longer support NOW TV from December 2018.  

so it does look like further boxes have been included in the list.
    OK. I couldn't find that post from the 3rd in amongst the 1000+ results returned, the forum search is pretty much all or nothing with no filters, or so it seemed until I just discovered you need to press the down arrow next to the search box for filters...  :D
  • alal Posts: 1,284Member ✭✭
    A few weeks ago I found an email in my spam folder from Now TV. I had used it in the past on a T1000 and they were warning me about the change. I don't think I'll miss it.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,002Member ✭✭✭
    The older 2012 models T1000, T1010 and the Huawei DN370T aren't going get Amazon or Now TV as they are now outdated hardware. Though where Huawei is concerned they already have the full suit of SKY channels. 
    Visionman said:
    The older 2012 models T1000, T1010 and the Huawei DN370T aren't going get Amazon or Now TV as they are now outdated hardware. Though where Huawei is concerned they already have the full suit of SKY channels. 
    Not quite a full suite, I think they are missing sky Atlantic.
    Errmm......
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,434Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 November 2018, 8:52PM
    Visionman said:
    Errmm......
    Meaning? 

Sky Atlantic, Sky Witness, both not included. And what is life without GOTh?
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    edited 7 November 2018, 9:16PM
    Exactly, the only channel I would really watch is Atlantic for GoT, so quite an important point....errmm.
    I wasn't having a go at you scott. So respect if you took it that way.  :)
  • LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin

Hi all,

As a few of you have already seen here, at the end of November, NowTV will update its Flash app to a new HTML version. This change means the app will no longer be supported on older YouView boxes.

The affected devices are: DTR-T1000s, DTR-T1010s and DN370Ts.

All other devices will be prompted to log in again.

Louise.

• DarrenDarren Posts: 255Member ✭✭
    edited 8 November 2018, 8:39PM
    My old BT T1000 box give up the ghost a good few months back after about 4 years of use. I don’t know many that will still have the old T1000 Youview boxes. It was only a matter of time before older Youview boxes stopped supporting apps and major software updates.
    I now use a BT Youview box T2100 that BT gave me as well as a BT Youview 2110 retail box.

Darren
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,874Member ✭✭
    @Louise have now TV provided youview with a fixed day this will happen?? Will it be the same restricted service that is currently on youview or will it be expanded to now TVs other services such at entertainment, sports or the live movie channels not just on demand.
  • LouiseLouise Posts: 24Administrator admin
    Daniel said:
    @Louise have now TV provided youview with a fixed day this will happen?? Will it be the same restricted service that is currently on youview or will it be expanded to now TVs other services such at entertainment, sports or the live movie channels not just on demand.
    Hi @Daniel,

We will let you know the date of the change when we have confirmation, but the T1000s, T1010s and DN370s will not have use of the app as of the end of this month.

This is the only change being made.

Thanks,
    Louise.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,692Member ✭✭✭
    I don't think the photo which accompanies the warning message is particularly helpful, the T1010 looks very similar to the T2000 and all TalkTalk boxes look the same.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,434Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    I don't think the photo which accompanies the warning message is particularly helpful, the T1010 looks very similar to the T2000 and all TalkTalk boxes look the same.
    Would you rather have a list than thumbnails, then?  :D
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,692Member ✭✭✭
     :D  :D :D