Huge drop in complaints for BTTV

scottscott Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭

Well BTTV with YouView is certainly moving in the right direction. It will be interesting to see if this is a trend or a one off.

Virgin Media has become the most complained about pay TV provider, according to the latest Ofcom statistics.

The data published today also shows the previously most-complained about pay TV service - BT TV - has seen a sharp drop in the number of complaints sent to Ofcom. Sky remains the least complained about pay TV service in the UK.

Pay TV complaints since 2016 per 100,000 subscribers (Source: Ofcom)

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/11/virgin-most-complained-about-pay-tv.html

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,692Member ✭✭✭
    You sound like a spokesperson! They did have a hell of a platform to start from.  :)
  • scottscott Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 November 2018, 5:31PM
    It amuses me how everybody is quick to jump on negativity and everyone jumps in but when something is positive you are a fan. 

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604252/oh-dear-bt
    edited 8 November 2018, 5:55PM
    Good link. I still neither understand the point of Ofcom stats, or why you defend BT. So we are both consistent.

Anyway, hardly positive, still up there with the worst.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,026Member ✭✭
    redchiz said:
    Good link. I still neither understand the point of Ofcom stats, or why you defend BT. So we are both consistent.

Anyway, hardly positive, still up there with the worst.

Of course it's positive, just look at the green line! 
     :D 
    @jimb This is Redchiz (Mr TalkTalk but try’s to pretend not). 
    I agree it is positive to move that far in one quarter and nice to state some positive instead of always looking at the negative but I asked the question if this is a trend or a one off. according to Redchiz that is hugely defending BT, oh well so be it.
    edited 8 November 2018, 6:41PM
    Mr TalkTalk? You really haven't got a clue have you, Mr BT?

Now can we get back on topic: i.e. BT aren't failing quite as disastrously in customer service on TV as they were in the previous quarter as measured by Ofcom? Even the server is incredulous judging by the recent brief outage.

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,002Member ✭✭✭
    scott>
    "Well BTTV with YouView is certainly moving in the right direction. It will be interesting to see if this is a trend or a one off."

Its a trend and as per your chart not only BT. I wish they had included YouView Retail on that  as well. But specifically to talk about BT -
    They have changed and updated their billing systems so that they are now more reliable and less prone to error (which only took about 20 years) which were the bulk of complaints (see OFCOM stats for that) and despite the (on here) much maligned switch to NextGen, total complaints overall have dropped off significantly as well.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,434Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 November 2018, 10:18PM
    BT have, stunningly effectively, better than halved the number of complaints about them - per 100k subscribers - to Ofcom in one quarter.

So now they are only as **** as redchiz’ beloved TalkTalk  :p 

Who are only nearly twice as **** as the industry average, despite (or perhaps because of) the efforts of the much reviled Sky to flatline their complaints record.

(Interesting - editing this post uncloaked the word whose two occurrences were asterisked out on the initial posting)
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Can you please stop attributing TalkTalk to me?
    edited 9 November 2018, 2:35PM
    redchiz said:
    Can you please stop attributing TalkTalk to me?
    You hold no brief for the supplier of your YouView internet content, who I don’t recall you ever complaining about?

(Edit: incorrect box attribution amended)
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    Roy said:
    You hold no brief for the supplier of your YouView box, who I don’t recall you ever complaining about?
    What a bizarre observation. Notwithstanding that I am sure I have told you before, I have never used a TalkTalk box. 
    Side point here - whilst BT have openly declared 'Things will be a little different from now on,' (meaning divergence) TalkTalk as far as I can see have said nothing. Anyone in the know that can say anything?
    redchiz said:
    Roy said:
    You hold no brief for the supplier of your YouView box, who I don’t recall you ever complaining about?
    What a bizarre observation. Notwithstanding that I am sure I have told you before, I have never used a TalkTalk box. 
    Ah, apologies. So why do I associate you with TalkTalk? Are they perhaps your ISP?
    edited 9 November 2018, 10:48AM
    Yes, TalkTalk is my ISP. So what? Remind me who yours is again? 

Back on topic: BT are now just equally as **** as other TV providers rather than more so. Discuss.
    edited 9 November 2018, 11:00AM
    No, they are better than Virgin, as good as talk talk and only worse than sky in uk pay tv providers.
    They are a long way short of SKY and above average for the sector but still massively improved or would you expect them to just suddenly drop to below the average in one quarter. Also remember they are being marked across several fronts, unlike most in the industry they are marked against, and you could argue for BT the TV result is the least important (unlike SKY).
    As long as they continue to move in the right direction they are doing the right thing but carry on your hating as it is quite amusing :)
    I don't hate them. Why do you love them so? I am already dying to see the next set of figures. :)
    redchiz said:
    Yes, TalkTalk is my ISP. So what? Remind me who yours is again? 

Back on topic: BT are now just equally as **** as other TV providers rather than more so. Discuss.
    The downward trend of the BT complaints rate is such that it will be zero in the Q3 2018 figures when Ofcom release them, and they will be in a net Praise situation by the end of Q4. Contemplate  :p
     😂
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,874Member ✭✭
    Of course there will be a huge drop in complaints. It's because I'm not a customer lol
    edited 9 November 2018, 10:00PM
    Daniel said:
    Of course there will be a huge drop in complaints. It's because I'm not a customer lol

LOL!!! You had a nightmare! Glad your sorted now though.
    edited 9 November 2018, 10:24PM
    Roy>
    "The downward trend of the BT complaints rate is such that it will be zero in the Q3 2018 figures when Ofcom release them, and they will be in a net Praise situation by the end of Q4. Contemplate."  p

LOL.
    The majority of complaints were about billing, very little about broadband, as they are normally very good in that area, and the rest were about BT TV. Which were/are usually about 'Why can't I order BT Sport in 4K when I get [X] amount of fibre speed?'

Slightly controversial, but this is a view I have held for years - I don't believe the SKY customer service stats and they have even been (OFCOM) investigated for it, which is still ongoing....
    Visionman said:
    Slightly controversial, but this is a view I have held for years - I don't believe the SKY customer service stats and they have even been (OFCOM) investigated for it, which is still ongoing....
    That doesn't make sense, these are Ofcom's own stats. About which I have held a view for years: what's the point?
    In the interests of forum friendliness, I'd rather not go into it. As I'm fully aware there are many SKY users on here. But PM me if you want to know more. And I'd love to hear your view as well.
    Visionman said:
    In the interests of forum friendliness, I'd rather not go into it. As I'm fully aware there are many SKY users on here. But PM me if you want to know more. And I'd love to hear your view as well.
    Still starting hares and not letting them run, V?

Tut tut.
    Visionman said:
    Are we perhaps at cross purposes here? This topic relates to Ofcom complaint figures i.e. numbers of people who complain to Ofcom about their service providers in various categories. Personally, I think these have little meaning on various grounds. But not the same as those who complain to their providers directly.
    To be honest, I have no idea how OFCOM collate their figures. But also agree they aren't accurate.
    Visionman said:
    To be honest, I have no idea how OFCOM collate their figures. But also agree they aren't accurate.
    I’m sure OFCOM know exactly how many complaints they receive, unless Sky have a mole in there, surreptitiously tearing up Sky complaints where possible, so nobody else there sees them  :p 

But I would agree they might not be sufficiently representative.
  • simonp99simonp99 Posts: 9Member
     I suspect that most of the people who actually cared enough to complain have upped sticks by now. BT are false economy these day, you see people complaining about the same things and raising the same issues for 18 months and no news even though they have BT staff working the forums. If I was going to buy a traditional TV contract again  I'd probably go with Sky it might cost more but at least it's the real deal. 
    Yeah, but if you're going to complain, why do it to Ofcom? They can't do anything about it, apart from publish a graph and tut.