Huge drop in complaints for BTTV

2»

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    "Yeah, but if you're going to complain, why do it to Ofcom? They can't do anything about it, apart from publish a graph."

That is completely true.
    Early one this -
    I remember the way it works now.

If any complainant circumnavigates their provider, and complains directly to OFCOM (or any other Ombudsmans office), they will only refer them back to their provider, where the provider should then log the complaint and deal with it. The provider then has to present the total log of complaints (in any period) to OFCOM for presentation and publication.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,090Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Early one this -

If any complainant circumnavigates their provider, and complains directly to OFCOM (or any other Ombudsmans office), they will only refer them back to their provider, where the provider should then log the complaint and deal with it. The provider then has to present the total log of complaints (in any period) to OFCOM for presentation and publication.

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,090Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 November 2018, 11:45AM

Visionman said:
    Early one this -

"... The quarterly report reveals the number of complaints made to Ofcom..." 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/telecoms-pay-tv-complaints-q4-2017
  • Jeffuk1Jeffuk1 Posts: 33Member
    Good Morning All,

For what it's worth, I don't think that these OFCOM figures provide much relevance for a customer if one is using them to decide which ISP is better than which other one to subscribe to.  It is a bit of data, but the league table is based on the number of complaints OFCOM receives per 100,000 customers and the range of complaints is extremely low for ALL providers, the "worst" being 31 for TalkTalk and the "best" being Sky which is 7.  Such small numbers might seem large but compared with the number of customers might easily be explained by having (for example) a single poor CS person in TalkTalk who has sufficiently upset a realtively few more customers over a few days than say Sky.

If you are a TalkTalk customer there is a 0.03% chance that you will be sufficiently unhappy with the service to make a complaint to OFCOM and if you were a Sky customer there is a little less than 0.01% chance of you doing so.  The chances of an individul being a customer of either and then feeling that they have to complain to OFCOM is extremely remote and might be triggered by simply randomly being dealt with by a single individual bad person having a bad day.

Overall independant satisfaction stats taking large numbers of users provide a more useful idea of which provider is better at CS than others but these OFCOM stats are relatively useless for that purpose and the majority of people seeing the stats will place too much reliance on them and therefore be misled by them.
    Whats this, @Jeffuk1? A sensible post on an internet forum?
    Thanks Jeff, you made me smile.   :)
  • Jeffuk1Jeffuk1 Posts: 33Member
    Thanks ... clearly my work here is done.  :smiley:
2»