[ISSUE] TalkTalk Boost Channels not showing in the guide

SarahSarah Posts: 1,360Administrator admin
Hi everyone,

We're aware that some TalkTalk customers are not seeing their boost channels in the guide. TalkTalk engineers are investigating this and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.  

We'll update once we have any further information.

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,965Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Sarah, I have seen over on their forums that this has been causing some consternation. It does seem though that a simple fix is working for most of those affected viz. forcing a manual software update.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,360Administrator admin
    Hiya,

Thanks @redchiz. We've found that some users have found this to help with the problem. Affected users can try a software update as it may resolve the issue for their box. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 177Member ✭✭
    Worked for me, but strangely the update also wiped the channels from my Humax guide so I had to update that too.
    How very odd. What kind of update was it exactly, if not just on TalkTalk boxes?
    edited 22 November 2018, 3:03PM
    Don't know. Think it was a maintenance update, but why it should also affect my Humax boxes as well as the Huawei one is strange, unless there was something done to the server too that broke a link somewhere 
    There's the thing, good job I'm not a cat!  :p
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,540Member ✭✭✭
    If both boxes (a Huawei and Humax) were affected then its a server issue.
    But there have been no TT updates in ages, so I wonder what change they did/made?
    There was an update last night. Confirmed by on OCE on the forum. Seems that something was tweaked to allow a manual update to fix as in the early hours of this morning that trick did not work, nor did maintenance reset pull in the correct update.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    There's the thing, good job I'm not a cat!  :p
    ???
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
    What did curiosity do?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,360Administrator admin
    Hiya,

The issue should have resolved overnight for most customers, if not please perform a manual software update to restore any missing boost channels. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • kp060kp060 Posts: 1Member
    Hello,  I only had my talktalk tv box installed on Saturday and now cannot access More TV :(.  I am supposing that its because of this issue - how do a do a manual software update?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    kp060 said:
    Hello,  I only had my talktalk tv box installed on Saturday and now cannot access More TV :(.  I am supposing that its because of this issue - how do a do a manual software update?
    Not being able to get More TV at all is a sign that TalkTalk don’t think you have a subscription, or haven’t set it up/enabled it for you.

Give them a ring on the number they gave you on Saturday for such issues, and discuss it with them.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....