Amazon

VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭
edited 24 November 2018, 10:57PM in Discussion
I see this new service and Player on YouView is being slaughtered on the internet.
"I can get better on my Fire Stick", "As I suspected this is a substandard app", "Poor", "Budget offering", "No DD 5.1" and "No HDR".
But the best of all - "BT have clearly cut corners on this." when it has nothing to do with BT or any other platform.
I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.

Comments

• scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 November 2018, 11:17PM
    People always going to complain wrongly. The app is poor because it is poor from amazon (4K is very hard to find and they know and should be fixing it soon). No STB does HDR yet so although that would be a nice to have it is no reason to complain about it and not having 5.1 is just people’s wrong setups (you will see most people are saying they do have it) same as a few people still claim the T4000 Netflix app doesn’t have 5.1.
    It was never going to be any different than the T2100 except with the ability to show basic 4K. What did people really expect.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    As always the first voices you hear (and sometimes only) are the unhappy ones. There are a lot of people liking the app, a couple even voicing that...

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2279819/amazon-prime/p6
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭
    This unfortunately is typical forum behaviour when something is pre-announced and then delayed from its pre-planned launch date.

Now TV is the next one expected, sometime around July if many on the internet are to be believed. Unless Youtube slips in first, maybe. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    This unfortunately is typical forum behaviour when something is pre-announced and then delayed from its pre-planned launch date.

Now TV is the next one expected, sometime around July if many on the internet are to be believed. Unless Youtube slips in first, maybe. 
    That’s why YouView almost never pre-announce anything, and even when they do, don’t give dates.

That way, we can only beat them up for not doing a thing (see my sig), and not for missing deadlines  :p
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats