Blank playback

Hi all. My box has today started going wierd. I have recordings on .y box. I viewed a couple of them today and then the third recording just shows a blank screen. I went back to a recording I had just watched and now that just shows a blank screen. The time clock runs as if it's playing but no picture or sound. I know the recording was good as i had just watched it. I then click back to main screen and I am showing no tv. I then get a message stating weak signal. I do a 8 second reset and the box fires up and I have tv channels, but my recordings are still not playing.
My box details are as follows.
Huawei DN372T.01.03.P
Any help greatly appreciated.
Ian

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 100Member
    Hi Ianiscool, welcome to Youview. Have you tried the maintenance modes? You need the one that doesn't delete recordings? The worst situation maybe a failing hard drive or corrupted buffer on the hard drive, which can only be cured with hard drive re-formated. Hoopefully it's not that bad. I would try the maint option first & see what happens. There should be instructions for this on the support pages. Hopefully may help. John L.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 935Administrator admin
    Hi @ianiscool
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Your case sounds a bit strange, we'd suggest you give a maintenance mode option 2 a try, this will keep your recordings. Once you've done this can you go through your recordings and see if there's blank screens on any of them? If some work and others don't, it'd be helpful to know the piece of content along with the channel it's from. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • John LJohn L Posts: 100Member
    Hi Ianiscool, trust your box is now working ok. John L