Region selection

coxy123coxy123 Posts: 1Member
Hello all!Please can somebody help me!!!On Thursday my freeview came up with s message to retune which I did ,all good.At the end it stated select region .The only one listed was Wales.I live the north west !How can I change it???
Tried another retune ....surprise only Wales comes up again. 
Thanks any help appreciated!

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,535Member ✭✭✭
    Greetings, @coxy123, and welcome to the Community!

We cover a wide variety of YouView devices, both boxes, of various makes, and TVs.

So in order to help you, can you please tell us which YouView device is giving you this issue, @coxy123?
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • Mally60Mally60 Posts: 3Member
    I have exactly the same problem, made worse but resulting poor signal from the Wales transmitter on HD channels. I have a small BT You View+ box. Any suggestions?
    Further info; its a Humax DTRT 2100 box
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,085Member ✭✭✭
    Hi both. I take it you live in the Granada region?
    yes that's correct; aerial is aimed at Winter Hill but has still defaulted to Wales.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,085Member ✭✭✭
    Your aerial is slightly off-line from where it should be pointing. To cure this, start a channel retune with the aerial plugged in then pull it out. Wait until the channel scan hits about 40% (maybe more/maybe less) and then plug the aerial back in. More than one attempt may be needed (with the percentage meter).
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,535Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9:01AM
    Visionman said:
    Your aerial is slightly off-line from where it should be pointing. To cure this, start a channel retune with the aerial plugged in then pull it out. Wait until the channel scan hits about 40% (maybe more/maybe less) and then plug the aerial back in. More than one attempt may be needed (with the percentage meter).
    How will that realign his aerial?  :p

But all joking aside, I understand that a YouView scan spends the first 50% of its run looking for SD channels, and the last 50% looking for HD ones, so the old plug-pulling trick doesn’t work on NextGen  :/

Of course, it would help a great deal if the YouView box could (as an option) do what many TVs do, and tell you as it goes along what channel (21-68) it is scanning at the moment, and what channels (Freeview numbers); and even, as one of our old TVs used to do, where it is getting the signal from, as all this is encoded in the digital signal.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 745Member ✭✭✭
    Roy said:

Of course, it would help a great deal if the YouView box could (as an option) do what many TVs do, and tell you as it goes along what channel (21-68) it is scanning at the moment, and what channels (Freeview numbers); and even, as one of our old TVs used to do, where it is getting the signal from, as all this is encoded in the digital signal.
    Or better still, allow you to do a manual tune.

John
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton