Delete/confirm/record

VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,085Member ✭✭✭
edited 2 December 2018, 10:43PM in Feedback
I accidentally deleted CH101 HD Match of The Day from the tile bar last night just after I'd recorded it. 
But quite smartly, the box then recorded the repeat this morning, but it reverted to CH1 SD to do it, which looks awful on my 4K TV, so I'll wait for the iPlayer to upload it.

I know a lot of features have been introduced to the tile bar since NextGen, with more to follow, but a confirm delete message on it would be most useful.

Comments

• skillerskiller Posts: 282Member ✭✭
    I expect YouView to attempt another recording if the original wasn't completed, so perhaps you deleted it before its scheduled finish time? (And it's usually from the first available in the channel list, which usually, if not always, means a flippin' SD version.)

What are these "lots of features" introduced to the tile bar?

And why are you asking for a confirm delete message? This has been in play for many years.

For someone who floods this forum with posts with the apparent omniscience that you do, you don't 'alf come up with some naive questions sometimes.

• stereohavenstereohaven Posts: 26Member
    edited 3 December 2018, 9:30AM
    Indeed, just head into Settings > Recordings and turn "Confirm Delete" on:

It will then ask for confirmation in the tile bar or MyTV.
    If there was to be an addition here I would like to see a deleted or trash folder from where you can recover deleted items as I used to have with Sky.

I also find the fascination YouView has with recording stuff in SD to be "helpful" when I only watch in HD really annoying and a waste of time.
  • Paul1959Paul1959 Posts: 7Member
    He means just from the tile bar, not generally. ie not my tv
    Personally a confirm delete option for anything not watched would be good. 
    Paul1959 said:
    If you try and delete something from the tile bar and have 'Confirm Delete' turned on, it will ask you to confirm before it will delete.
    edited 3 December 2018, 1:18PM
    Paul1959 said:
    Personally a confirm delete option for anything not watched would be good. 
    If only there was a 'Confirm Delete' option...  :(
    Paul1959 said:
    If you try and delete something from the tile bar and have 'Confirm Delete' turned on, it will ask you to confirm before it will delete.
    But then it will ask you when in mytv.  If you still don't understand I can't help u. 
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 350Member ✭✭
    I really don't get where this is going!

If "Confirm Deletion" is ON then wherever to try to delete a recording you are prompted to Confirm. I tried a current recording that was showing in the tile bar - assuming we mean "Guide ... MyTV... " etc - then the deletion required confirming.

The only place this setting doesn't have an effect is for scheduled items.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,085Member ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Thanks for all the helpful input, particularly you skiller. 

I've found the route cause of the problem and now rectified it. Thanks again.