[Issue] Clipped recordings on CBeebies, CBBC, BBC4 & ALBA (SD & HD)

SarahSarah Posts: 958Administrator admin
edited 27 December 2018, 1:00PM in Announcements

Hi all, 

We're aware of an issue where there are frequent clipped recordings on CBBC, CBeebies, BBC4 and ALBA (both SD & HD channels). We’ve spoken to BBC broadcast teams and they are also aware of the problem and their technical teams are actively investigating. 

We do not have an estimated timescale for this to be resolved however I'll update once I get any new information to share. 

Episodes which are available on iPlayer will still show in the guide so they can be played in iPlayer instead if required. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,937Member ✭✭✭
    Add BBC 4 to the list I had a clipped recording called Fleetwood Mac a musical history broadcast yesterday at 12.25 am.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 958Administrator admin
    Hi @Daniel
    I've updated the post to mention that this is also affecting BBC4 and ALBA as well.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • TomWTomW Posts: 491Member ✭✭
    Yep, I had another clipped recording on BBC4. ‘Oasis: Supersonic’ BBC4HD, Tues 1 Jan, 10pm to 11.55pm.

It’s so frustrating that this keeps happening, especially when it’s a BBC channel which, as a YouView shareholder, you would expect to have gotten their act together by now. To me this is yet more evidence, if any were needed, that reliance purely on AR simply doesn’t work and YouView need to add the option for padding.
  • speedyritespeedyrite Posts: 68Member
    edited 4 January 2019, 11:13AM
    TomW said:
    Yep, I had another clipped recording on BBC4. ‘Oasis: Supersonic’ BBC4HD, Tues 1 Jan, 10pm to 11.55pm.

It’s so frustrating that this keeps happening, especially when it’s a BBC channel which, as a YouView shareholder, you would expect to have gotten their act together by now. To me this is yet more evidence, if any were needed, that reliance purely on AR simply doesn’t work and YouView need to add the option for padding.
    Agree with your views. Continue to await confirmation that they've diagnosed the fault and fixed it (in my head, I visualise this scene from "The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin" and wonder if there's any similarity with YouView's technical department):

Doc Morrissey: Do you find you can't finish the crossword like you used to, nasty taste in the mouth in the mornings, can't stop thinking about sex, can't start doing anything about sex, wake up with a sweat in the mornings, keep falling asleep during "Play For Today"? 

Reggie: That's extraordinary, Doc! That's exactly how I've been feeling. 

Doc Morrissey: So have I. I wonder what it is? Take two aspirins. 

Or maybe it's a twisted YouView equivalent of the "early train door closure policy"?

"To help get you to your destination on time, from Monday 29th September, train doors at some stations will close 20 seconds before the scheduled departure time."
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,937Member ✭✭✭
    It's completely unacceptable for a youview partner to be getting this wrong.