Channel 5 AR failure

DanielDaniel Posts: 1,948Member ✭✭✭
All my boxing Day entertainment has been ruined because I have had a hell of a lot of recordings on channel 5s channel including 5hd and 5 star and every single recording has clipped. I was planning to watch the recordings later in the day but can't now. This is unacceptable for a youview partner/ shareholder who should be getting it right 100% of the time.

Highly disappointed that in 2018 channel 5 are still screwing up. 

An example of clipped recordings today include

The dirty dozen on 5hd
Bill and Ted's excellent adventure part 2 of a split recording on 5 star 
Bill and Ted's bogus journey part 2 of a split recording on 5 star

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,156Administrator admin
    Hi @Daniel
    Has this happened on just movies or has it happened on regular content as well? If you've had any other recordings fail since, it'd be useful to know which ones they are as well. Also if you have some set up to record, please let us know and we can also set some to record on our end as well to try :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,948Member ✭✭✭
    @Sarah my next recordings on 5 owned channels are the goonies at 6.50 pm today on 5 star & last action hero 9pm today on 5spike. I don't actually have any regular recordings on 5 channels just movies so before replying I did 2 test recordings of friends on channel 5 hd. The reason for picking friends for the test recordings is there on Netflix so I was able to compare the recording to what's on Netflix. The episode that was on at 10.25am today had exactly 44 seconds clipped from the beginning. The second one that's currently recording has its beginning present but only just if it started 1 second later it would have clipped. 

I had no recordings scheduled after bill and Ted because I scrapped them to record other movies on other channels yesterday after the issues I had with the first batch of recordings.

I have to say it's not the first time I have had issues with channel 5 owned channels.
    The Goonies is a split recording because of entertainment news in the middle and part 2 has been clipped at the beginning of the recording. 
    Last action hero is also split because of the entertainment news again part 2 of the recording is clipped. This recording lost 11 seconds. 
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,156Administrator admin
    Hi Daniel,
    Our Content Team has raised this issue to Channel 5. I'll let you know once I get any new updates :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    @Sarah thanks.