Replacement Electricity Lead - T2000

I'm moving back to the UK after 3 years away. I've found my T2000 Humax YouView Box, but I've misplaced the electricity lead.

Is there anywhere where I can buy one? I note it needs a 12V, 2.5A connector.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,198Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 December 2018, 11:09AM
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • I did see that one, but it seems to only be 2A (not 2.5A) and is for the BT version apparently. Mine is the regular YouView box
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,297Member ✭✭✭
    This claims to be the Official BT Youview PSU.
  • I don't have the BT version though. I have the regular one bought in stores
    edited 28 December 2018, 4:37PM
    I did see that one, but it seems to only be 2A (not 2.5A) and is for the BT version apparently. Mine is the regular YouView box
    It says it is for the T2000, of which any BT version would differ only in a little BT badge and an internal BT Id; there are no electrical differences that would save half an amp.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • Thanks for that. I'll get one as soon as I arrive back in the UK :-)
    There have been previous discusions about the lack of availability of OE replacement PSUs on the forum. As @Roy says, the BT versions of the T2000 are the same as the Humax ones apart from the casing.

Humax don't state the the power consumption of the box, but it is likely to be less than 20W. In that case a 12V/2A PSU would be sufficient. There are higher powered PSUs available. This one, for instance, is rated at 3A. The extra half amp doesn't matter, because the box would just use the power that it needs.

I noticed that you disagree with the true statement that I made above >:). Next you will be telling us that Donald Trump is not the president of the USA :D.
    edited 30 December 2018, 6:06PM
    @jonesh said:
    (to @Evan Davis)

I noticed that you disagree with the true statement that I made above >:). Next you will be telling us that Donald Trump is not the president of the USA :D.
    That power supply does not specify that it is suitable for a T2000, and even if it did, there aren’t any available.

I therefore think the truth or otherwise of the statement is academic on both counts.  :p

As to your subsequent statement, watch this space  >:)
    edited 30 December 2018, 11:58PM
    Roy said:
    That power supply does not specify that it is suitable for a T2000, and even if it did, there aren’t any available.
    Can't argue with that :p.

I was gullible enough to check though :/.