All4 and ITV hub stuttering

LeCitronLeCitron Posts: 1Member
My YouView box works fine on all players except All4 and ITV Hub which just keep stuttering.

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,114Administrator admin
    Hi @LeCitron
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you let us know the box model and the software it's using? You can find this by pressing Help and then Info on your remote control. 
    Does the stuttering happen across all content you try and play and at different times of day?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Myself also. All4, My 5, and all ITV players. They will play the adverts but either attempt and fail or tell me there is a problem? 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,198Member ✭✭✭
    Myself also. All4, My 5, and all ITV players. They will play the adverts but either attempt and fail or tell me there is a problem? 
    Hi @radioham7_7

Can you also please supply the answers to Sarah’s questions, plus who is your ISP, what are your broadband speeds up and down, and, if applicable, do you have a YouView subscription with them?

And when these players tell you there is a problem, what is the exact error message that you get?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • Roy, I have never had any communication with you. Don't know who you are. Also, never had any communication with Sarah. I was commenting about the entry from LeCitron, who I also have no communication with!
    Roy, I have never had any communication with you. Don't know who you are. Also, never had any communication with Sarah. I was commenting about the entry from LeCitron, who I also have no communication with!
    Hi @radioham7_7

You are posting in the YouView Community, where the expectation is that if you post a message, you are asking, or inviting, anyone who frequents the Community to reply.

So you are on a peer-to-peer forum, where I am one of many posters who try to help out with problems raised by users of YouView devices.

If you wanted to communicate only with @LeCitron, a Community member, then you should have used the Community Private Message capability,  and not posted in the main, public, part of the Community.

But that way, you would only be able to commiserate with him.

This way, you have put yourself in potential contact with @Sarah, who is an official support representative employed by YouView, and in actual contact with me, albeit I am just another Community member.

But I knew what questions @Sarah would be likely to ask you when she returns to work on Monday, so I thought I would pop them up now, to save both you and her some time on Monday.

Perhaps you didn’t realise what or where you were posting, but assuming you would like some help with your issue (and who wouldn’t?), I can reassure you that you are doing exactly the right thing, in exactly the right place.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • Roy, many thanks. I'm brand new to YouView and very rarely used Forums.So, here goes, hoping Sarah will see this on Monday?
    I'm using YouView through a TalkTalk TV & Internet box. YouView only.
    Box is a Huawei - DN370T.02.04.P
    S/Ware Version  - CDS/70.45.159
    Domain               - Help-App-Client-V2.youview.tv
    App Version        - 2.0.5 (33dc0ce)

The problems - All ITV channels - 1st time the player opens and plays adverts. After adverts - 'Where's My Show'. It looks like there was a problem playing your video. We know this is the last thing you want, so lets try and fix it. Click OK. Goes back to video selection. Try again and a series of flashing coloured lights acrosss the screen. Nothing.

All4 - plays adverts - tries to play video, then, 'All4-011. This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. (On a video from last week). This on all categories.

MY5 - plays adverts - then shows a flashing star-like symbol which stays there.

UKTV Play - All channels - player opens, then - 'Sorry but UKTV is having problems playing back this video. Please try again later'. Every time I tried.

I hope this makes some kind of sense? My internet connection is solid. IP Address/Domain/DNS/App all OK.
    Many thanks for any help you can be. Cheers
    Hi @radioham7_7

I see that @Sarah never got back to you (unless she sent you a PM?) so I’d better try...

First thing to try is a soft reset. while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over eight seconds, until it reboots.

This is a soft reset, so it is completely non-destructive. See if this fixes the issue.

If not try the more drastic reboot of a Maintenance Mode reset. Make sure you follow the instructions for your make and model of YouView box there, as these vary slightly from box to box. Use Option 4, which does preserve your recordings, while refreshing just about everything else.

See if that fixes things.

And please let us know your experiences here.