Test channel?

Why can I not change channel? Whenever I go onto guide it starts skipping through the hundreds of channels to the test channel. Then gets stuck there? Please help ASAP, missing my favourite shows!

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,661Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 January 2019, 8:42AM
    Test Channel? Are we talking about a YouView box here, or the YouView side of a Sony TV set, or some other device completely?

If a YouView device, what make and model, who is your ISP, is the box on a current subscription, and (if you can look in Settings OK) what software version is it on?

This information will help us assist you further.

In the meantime, you can always reach any given channel on a YouView box by pressing the relevant number keys, and make any required recordings by using the YouView app.
    “Where’s ‘Hop to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,937Member ✭✭✭
    Arqiva have listed a channel called test channel in some broadcast areas at the bottom of the guide I wonder if the original poster is referring to this @roy