Film menu

bgybgy Posts: 4Member
in my sony TV i used to have some menus which separated program like comedy, film etc. some of them especially film menu which i was using all the time, disappeared.
it is not possible to adjust from the TV menu as far as i am aware.
is anyone knows how to bring all these menus back?
thanks for your help

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,114Administrator admin
    Hi @bgy

Welcome to the forum

Can you please let us know the Sony TV model number you are using? Are you experiencing any other guide related issues other than the categories disappearing? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • bgybgy Posts: 4Member
    edited 7 January 2019, 12:25PM
    Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for your email.
    Sony Bravia KD-65XE9005BU is my TV.
    There is no issue with the cable connected from router to TV. I tried three different cables. Also, I restart and reset TV and router many times but was not helpful. 
    The other issue is the little screen in the information section is disappeared as well.
    I would like you to guide me, please how to adjust the reminder for programs.
    Thanks
    Hi Sara,
    a week ago i responded to your email and i wonder why we could not solve this problem.
    also, i have to say that the TV does not open channels which shows with 'no information available'.
    it is getting worse. it something recently since last month. i am sure is nothing to do with the TV itself or my internet connectivity.
    please let me know a.s.a.p.
    thank you
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,198Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @bgy

YouView does not support programme reminders on its Sony TV version, and you have never been able to set these.

For the other issues, can you please post a screenshot or screenshots, of your EPG and anything else relevant, showing the problems you are having?

I think we need this from you at this point, so we can see what you see.

It does sound as though your TV needs retuning, though perhaps you have done this?

More fundamentally, the TV may be in need of a Factory Reset; you talk about restarting it, but was this just power cycling it, or maybe the reset you can do from the remote, or have you tried a full Factory Reset?

And when you say ‘the TV does not open channels’ do you mean it will not show live broadcasts from them? Have you got a TV aerial connected? What sort of signal strengths are you getting, as can be seen from system information?

Or just that it won’t show catchup from them?

I would expect the categories you mention to be present on the ‘Discover’ option on the YouView menu on your Sony TV, as well as on the EPG.

Can you please also try the Discover option, and if you cannot see these Categories present there either, let us know here?

Your issues do sound like software problems, albeit ones not generally reported across a wide range of these sets, and so they sound individual, which hopefully means they will be amenable to a drastic enough reset.

Such a situation is not unknown; but let’s hope these issues are not hardware problems, which are also not unknown  :#

Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    Hi Roy,
    yes maybe factory setting would do the job for anything but what about proper solution finding which can clearly say what the problem is.
    and when i say the channel is not opening i do mean that by changing the channel, i do not see any reaction from youview. it just hanging on the present channel which i am watching. this example happened in attachment number 4.
    surly TV aerial connected. please check the attach number 9.
    please look see the attachments for all the categories i mentioned.

attachments 1 and 2 clearly do not show any information and do not open Guide.
    attachment number 6 shows the 'Discover' that you mentioned. yes, it shows the Film and other menus which they should and use to be on the main menu like attachment number 1.

lets not to send the problem to software and SONY because i first discuss the problem with them and they referred me to youview.  :#

8.jpg 278.5K
    9.jpg 323.6K
    7.jpg 334K
    5.jpg 469.8K
    6.jpg 667K
    3.jpg 874.2K
    4.jpg 1.2M
    1.jpg 1.5M
    2.jpg 1.5M
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,198Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @bgy, a good deal of work there, and appreciated.

But your TV is showing itself to be one sick puppy, and about all I can say is that the software appears to be massively corrupted, with probably no rhyme or reason in what and how (mains blip? cosmic rays? etc.) and there is no way of, and no point in, trying to unpick it item by item  :(

Best to do that Factory Reset, and see if that fixes it or not, and let us know.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?