YVM302 error pop-up

gugglebumgugglebum Posts: 2Member
Hi, over the last few weeks we’ve been getting frequent instances of a pop-up telling us we have a signal strength issue with our tv antenna. However, the Youview box confirms the setting is +90% on all channels I’ve tried. Other TVs in the house use the same antenna, and when we tested them today, none of them had any interruption in their tv feed from the antenna. The message is now appearing every few minutes and is spoiling our tv viewing hugely. I have retuned all channels on the Youview box and the Tv it is connected to, to no avail. We need a fix for this, so please advise what we need to do to get rid of this. 
Thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    YouView tuners are less sensitive than TV tuners, whether by design, the need to run two tuners off the input, or sheer ineptitude, I do not know.

But there are two parameters the box can supply, Signal Strength and Signal Quality, and you give only one, and do not say which one it is.

Can you please specify both?
    Now away for a bit....
  • gugglebumgugglebum Posts: 2Member
    Hi Roy - looking at BBC2 just now, signal strength = 98% and signal quality = 100%. 5HD is the same. However 4HD is 91% / 0%. 
    Thanks
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    That’s weird. I would double-check the aerial feed into the box to make sure it is OK; no breaks, no shorts, and maybe if you can, try a different aerial cable to see if that has any effect.

If that is all OK, though, I suggest a Maintenance Mode Option 4 , the most drastic shake-up you can give your box and still keep your recordings, to squash any gremlins that the box might have introduced which could be affecting this.
    Now away for a bit....
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 156Member ✭✭
    I've been getting similar issues on BBC4 HD on my T2000 box.
    I have a 372T box on the same aerial.
    They are connected via a 2-way splitter/booster. I have changed the leads and swapped the outputs and the issue persists. 
    The picture does not break up nor pixilate but the box persists on telling me the signal is weak, but only on the Humax box. 
    I have reported this elsewhere as this issue only started following the last update.