Information Not Available message on guide

KateMalcKateMalc Posts: 1Member
We have a Sony television with youview. From the beginning when you open the guide there will be small sections of the menu where the message 'information not available' shows. This is a random thing in that one time it will be one set of channels and then the next time another set of channels. We have done everything from rebooting  the router, rebooting the television, closing and reopening the guide menu etc etc. It continues to do this. Nothing can make it come back to normal and it is very frustrating. I cannot find anything else online to help us.

Can someone make any suggestions?

KateMalc

Comments

  • John LJohn L Posts: 169Member
    Hello KateMalc,
    I'm "no expert" with the Sony Youview, but hopefully this may help you:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-on-sony/guide/no-information-or-loading-in-the-guide-sony
    Good luck. If you have any more problems leave another message on forum & I'm sure someone will help you(!). Have a good day. John L
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    Try first a Power Reset on the TV, and if this does not cure it, a Factory Reset.

    So ubiquitous are the quirks with these TVs that this is the Numero Uno suggestion on the Sony Community, and it is hard to get a query taken seriously there unless you have tried these options first  :#
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    Hi @KateMalc

    Welcome to the forum.

    Can you please let us know which Sony TV model number you have? It'd also be useful to know if this happens regardless of the different ways you go to access the guide or just specific routes (launching from: Live TV, YouView UI, Home screen or blue button)?

    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • CatManAlCatManAl Posts: 1Member
    Best option I've found is to disable the Youview app. TV has stopped being "sticky" and guide is fast, responsive and full! Sure, you lose ALL4 access but that appears to not be working either anyway judging by all the recent posts on here.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    CatManAl said:
    Best option I've found is to disable the Youview app. TV has stopped being "sticky" and guide is fast, responsive and full! Sure, you lose ALL4 access but that appears to not be working either anyway judging by all the recent posts on here.
    You can get the ITV and All4 players to run outside YouView, using a workaround developed by one ‘Hoshadiq’ - look up his GitHub repository for details.

    I used to say ‘to work’ instead of ‘to run’, but that might be a bit rose-tinted in the case of All4...
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • 5iron25iron2 Posts: 1Member
    Sarah said:
    Hi @KateMalc

    Welcome to the forum.

    Can you please let us know which Sony TV model number you have? It'd also be useful to know if this happens regardless of the different ways you go to access the guide or just specific routes (launching from: Live TV, YouView UI, Home screen or blue button)?

    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have the same problem on a KD-43X8309C. Can you advise how to fix it. I use the guide button on the remote.
    John
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    John L said:
    Hello KateMalc,
    I'm "no expert" with the Sony Youview, but hopefully this may help you:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-on-sony/guide/no-information-or-loading-in-the-guide-sony
    Good luck. If you have any more problems leave another message on forum & I'm sure someone will help you(!). Have a good day. John L
    Hi @John L 

    Trying to follow your link now brings up an otherwise blank screen with a tiny ‘Authorization Required’ message. Any thoughts?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 April 2019, 7:06AM
    5iron2 said:
    I have the same problem on a KD-43X8309C. Can you advise how to fix it. I use the guide button on the remote.

    John
    It can’t really be fixed, except by changes to the Sony software on these Android sets and a release of the resultant update.

    But some people have had temporary success with one or other of the suggestions in this posting, higher up in this thread.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    John L said:
    Hello KateMalc,
    I'm "no expert" with the Sony Youview, but hopefully this may help you:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-on-sony/guide/no-information-or-loading-in-the-guide-sony
    Good luck. If you have any more problems leave another message on forum & I'm sure someone will help you(!). Have a good day. John L
    Hi @John L 

    Trying to follow your link now brings up an otherwise blank screen with a tiny ‘Authorization Required’ message. Any thoughts?
    The link works for me @Roy .

    John "E"
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 April 2019, 11:51AM
    Works for me too now. Maybe YouView hadn’t quite woken up earlier.

    Shame the material there hasn’t been updated by YouView to cover the known problem there is with this at the moment  :'(
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    5iron2 said:
    Sarah said:
    Hi @KateMalc

    Welcome to the forum.

    Can you please let us know which Sony TV model number you have? It'd also be useful to know if this happens regardless of the different ways you go to access the guide or just specific routes (launching from: Live TV, YouView UI, Home screen or blue button)?

    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have the same problem on a KD-43X8309C. Can you advise how to fix it. I use the guide button on the remote.
    John
    Hi @5iron2

    Welcome to the forum :)

    Can you please try a factory reset of the TV? We've found that this seems to mitigate the issue for now. You can find instructions for how to do this here

    Thanks,
    Sarah
Sign In or Register to comment.