IPC 6041 error code,on Plusnet/Youview Box

I have the latest model 2120 youview box fro Plusnet.I have installed, the Entertainment and BT Sport Subscription Channels as well as the Freeview Channels.I ca record to the Box Hard Drive any Freeview Channel and all of the Subscription Entertainment Channels.I CANNOT record any of the BTSport programmes to my Hard Drive even though the youview box is showing as recording them.When I go to MYTV and open up the planner,the "recorded programmes are shown,but when I try to play them I get an IPC 6041 error which states that the Recording is not available,and that I should check the connection between the box and the router.I have this morning lodged a complaint about this with Plusnet TV Techwho do not have an answer to resolve this? Can anyone advise if there is a Copyright Issue stopping me recording a BT Sport Game such as the Heineken Cup Rugby,or the Aviva Premiership Rugby?NB I have no problem watching the games live! Any advise would be appreciated   Michael

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 January 2019, 1:05PM
    Exactly the same issue has been reported in the past on the BT TV forum, where it was solved by a Maintenance Mode reset, as described there.

However, the link given there no longer works, and a subsequent poster bemoans that it was a full Option 5, Delete Recordings, reset. Which is not ideal unless there is no alternative.

So try following this link, and, choosing the instructions for your box model, try progressively the Option 2 and Option 4 MMs, which do not delete your existing recordings.

If one of these works, fine; but if not, an Option 5 Reset may be your only option, as is often the case, alas, with recording issues  :'(

But please do let us know the outcome for you!
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    Sound advice from Roy, but I'd first try swapping your HDMI cable out as it may be something as simple as a handshake issue between your box and TV. As you say the recordings are there but you just can't view them.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Sound advice from Roy, but I'd first try swapping your HDMI cable out as it may be something as simple as a handshake issue between your box and TV. As you say the recordings are there but you just can't view them.
    But he can watch his recordings of anything but the sport, he says.

Hard to see how that could be an HDMI handshake issue.

Mind you, it implies that anything but the sport, BT gives him the go-ahead to watch, but for the sport it doesn’t - or based on the thread I referenced, that the box thinks it doesn’t.

So in either case, we are left wondering what is so different about the sport, especially if it is the box having a whoopsie about it, and not anything at BT’s end.
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering that myself. But it may be a HDCP issue. Theres certainly nothing to lose by trying it (a swap out).
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 942Member ✭✭
    Looking back to an earlier thread which I presume is for the same Youview box and Plusnet subscription

Might be useful to know when was that previous issue resolved and did   the BT Sport channel recordings and playback work once the channels were restored or has it never worked since they were restored ?

• Roy and Others..Thank you for your help and advice.I have completed a factory reset on the box,and I am pleased to advise that I can now record and view the BTSport Channels..the IPC 6041 issue is resolved