No HD channels

CazzaCazza Posts: 3Member
I have a dtr t2000 and it keeps losing the HD channels. The channels have been rescanned and sometimes they come back but this time they haven't. Also all the scheduled recordings had gone! The aerial is fine as when plugged into the TV all the channels are there and work perfectly. We have done a master reset and they still do not work. 

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 160Member
    Good morning Cazza, welcome to the "world of Youview" forum. Firstly which area do you live? Your tv aerial might be affected with the bbc reshuffle of channels because of mobile data. The scheduled recordings should return once the pvr is able to obtain those channels. The data is stored in the cloud & should return to your box.
    ****For a test, try scheduling a programme from epg for any channel you can still receive & see if it shows up in schedules. That's the first test I would do, just so you know pvr is working ok & not faulty. ****
    Have you got a aerial booster fitted, if not this may help? I know you mention your tv is ok, so aerial may be fine for this but if there is still a problem on Youview, follow the maintenance details https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode?q=maint but don't select delete recordings & try retune again. You might need a new aerial as com7/8 range is outside of older aerials range. Hope I may have given you some help. Good luck. John L
  • CazzaCazza Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for you message. The recordings are working fine and showing up in the schedule. We definitely do not need a new aerial there is a problem with the box not receiving the HD channels the TV gets them no problem
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,025Administrator admin
    Hi @Cazza
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you please let me know the transmitter your box is getting signal from? If your not sure, enter your postcode and door number on the Digital UK website here and it will tell you which one you're likely to be connected to. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • John LJohn L Posts: 160Member
    Cazza said:
    I have a dtr t2000 and it keeps losing the HD channels. The channels have been rescanned and sometimes they come back but this time they haven't. Also all the scheduled recordings had gone! The aerial is fine as when plugged into the TV all the channels are there and work perfectly. We have done a master reset and they still do not work. 
    Cazza, you mentioned your scheduled recordings had gone. So I assumed you meant programmes that you had "scheduled in advance" before they are recorded, not the recordings on the hard drive. Hope you are able to solve your problem. Have a good day. John L
  • CazzaCazza Posts: 3Member
    Problem solved. Got rid of the dtrt2000 and bought a new humax box that works perfectly so obviously the other was faulty. Thanks for the feedback though 👍
  • A quick google brought me here. I have the same problem. A retune brings the hd channels back temporarily.
    Signal strength and quality 100%.
    Region is Yorkshire.

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,073Member ✭✭✭
    A quick google brought me here. I have the same problem. A retune brings the hd channels back temporarily.
    Signal strength and quality 100%.
    Region is Yorkshire.

Have you tried a soft reset, or one of the Maintenance Modes?
    For those familiar with Red Dwarf, the internet seems to be divided into those who find it fascinating that Kryten is named after J.M. Barrie’s ‘The Admirable Crichton’, and those who think ‘So what?’
  • Julie RaynerJulie Rayner Posts: 27Member
    I am having the same issue, every single week for the past couple of months I have lost 60-70 channels.  I have to retune each time to get the channels back. Once reset my scheduled recordings appear again after a while, but obviously recording daily episodes of series is no good as I miss half of them!  I have a DTR T2000.  I am in Yorkshire and no transmitter problems have been appearing on the website.  A soft reset (keeping recordings) hasn't solved the problem and I am reluctant to lose everything I have recorded and not yet watched!
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,073Member ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2019, 7:42AM
    Does your YouView box have RF/Aerial/Antenna Out, and if so, have you run a female-to-male aerial cable onward to your TV?

It would be useful to know if, when the YouView box loses channels, the TV loses them also.

There are more drastic resets you can try on what might be a sick YouView box without losing your recordings, though.

An Option 2 or Option 4 Maintenance Mode reset, while you are not recording, will refresh the running running software on the box without losing your recordings or your schedule.

Though you will have to put back any non-standard Settings and re-pair any app devices you have set up, so make a note of these before you try it.
    For those familiar with Red Dwarf, the internet seems to be divided into those who find it fascinating that Kryten is named after J.M. Barrie’s ‘The Admirable Crichton’, and those who think ‘So what?’
  • StevieStevie Posts: 2Member
    I've had the same problem lately (losing HD channels). It's when the box does an update re-tune in the early hours of the morning. I get Emley Moor OK but sometimes when there is a "lift" in reception, Belmont is also available. The HD channels from Belmont are substituted for the Emley Moor ones. Sometimes they're OK for a while,until the "lift" vanishes, then no HD channels again. I attenuated the aerial signal so Belmont reception disappeared and now no problems with the HD channels!!
    It's a peculiar YouView software problem.
  • dogtaniandogtanian Posts: 11Member
    I have a DTR 2000, live in Yorkshire, and too have this very same problem. I have informed YouView and they are logged it, its a bit annoying tbh.