All4 not playing programmes - stuck on loading page

Bryony86Bryony86 Posts: 1Member
My All4 isn’t working properly. I load a programme and it plays the advert then gets stuck on he loading page and never loads the programme. I’ve tried logging in and out again, that doesn’t work! What else can I try? 

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    Hi @Bryony86

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please try updating your players and apps?
    1. Bring up the menu with your remote
    2. Select Settings
    3. Go to the Information & Reset area and select Software Information
    4. Select Update players & apps
    Once you've done this, give your box a quick reboot by pressing and holding the button power button on the top/front of your box and then give the All4 player a try again.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • xk8dadxk8dad Posts: 1Member
    This is happening with me too. Recently got a new Youview box from BT and iplayer and Prime work fine, but All4 plays the initial adverts then gets stuck on the 4 dots loading page. All the players are up to date, have rebooted the box but no luck. I can cast All4 off my phone fine, and our Freeview Play TVs work fine, just this new small Youview box that has the problem, any ideas please?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    edited 9 August 2019, 8:32AM
    xk8dad said:
    This is happening with me too. Recently got a new Youview box from BT and iplayer and Prime work fine, but All4 plays the initial adverts then gets stuck on the 4 dots loading page. All the players are up to date, have rebooted the box but no luck. I can cast All4 off my phone fine, and our Freeview Play TVs work fine, just this new small Youview box that has the problem, any ideas please?
    Hi @xk8dad
    Can you please let us know which YouView box you have along with the software version it's running on? You can find this by pressing Help and then Info on your remote or you can alternatively find it in settings under Software Information and Device Information. 
    It'd also be useful to know which pieces of content you're trying to watch (please include series and episode number) so we can test this on our end as well. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • I have a similar problem. 
    Bought a new Sony Bravia Android TV. iPlayer works but not ITV/CH4/My5 players.
    Tried clearing Cache on YVServiceHost and reboot the TV but no change. Not clear what to do next.
    As with other users, the adverts and sponsored by trailers work, so clearly there is signal and apps installed, just not allowed the actual content