All4 not working on Youview Sony Android Tvs

s555wrcs555wrc Posts: 2Member
Hi, I can see from a number of similar posts on here and on the Sony android tv support forums that users are having problems with programs loading on the All4 on demand app. I am also having issues with programs not loading and only showing an pre advert. 

Can you please advise how to rectify this issue or if the issue lies with youview/c4/sony(android) and is being investigated.

Thanks

Sony 43XE8004
All4 app version 6.19.1

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    Hi @s555wrc

Welcome to the forum :)

Can you please try a factory reset of the TV as this usually irons out any quirks like this which start occurring. You can find the steps on how to do this here

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • shaz4473shaz4473 Posts: 5Member
    I will need to try this too, fingers crossed!
  • s555wrcs555wrc Posts: 2Member
    @Sarah

do you know if a factory reset has solved this for users? as i do not want to reset and have to reload all apps and settings again if i'm not confident that it will solve it.

there are many people with the same issue so i feel this needs investigating to find out who is responsible for finding a working solution. 

thanks
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    s555wrc said:
    @Sarah

do you know if a factory reset has solved this for users? as i do not want to reset and have to reload all apps and settings again if i'm not confident that it will solve it.

there are many people with the same issue so i feel this needs investigating to find out who is responsible for finding a working solution. 

thanks
    Here is where Sarah tells you how to clear the cache, which sometimes solves this without all the resetting a Factory Reset implies.

So worth a try. But if it doesn’t fix it, a Factory Reset is unavoidable if you want to fix it, and if that doesn’t fix it, then nothing will.

There is a major design flaw in the All4 app which makes resuming content after adverts problematical, and it tends to resurface after updates to this app, though quite what devices it affects at any given time is variable.

i guess it’s these Sony Android TVs’ turn in the barrel at the moment  :'(
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    s555wrc said:
    @Sarah

thanks
    Hiya,
    We find that factory resets resolve the majority of problems which are experienced with the TV however you can try what Roy suggested above where you clear the cache in case as this can sometimes help with some Player/App related issues. If the cache clear doesn't help then you will need to try the Factory Reset instead.
    Thanks,
    Sarah