DTR T1000 not able to connect to internet

essexmanessexman Posts: 5Member
This happened about 6 months ago and I though I would try again to fix problem.
The problem is with the box itself as it requires an internet connection which I know is ok. I first became aware of the problem when the past 7 days epg disappeared.  I then tried to reboot and it will start the process but will not proceed beyond the point of connection to internet.

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    Hi @essexman
    Can you provide a bit more information about your internet set up such as if you're using powerline adapters, your internet speed and internet service provider? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • essexmanessexman Posts: 5Member
    The internet/power line set is working ok as a replacement youview box works fine.
     It is the failed youview box that is unable to connect to the internet.  The failed box can start the reboot process but cannot complete as it as it says there is no internet connection.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    Hi @essexman

Is the T1000 plugged into the powerline adapters which you used with your other YouView box? 

Are you able to perform any of the maintenance mode resets on the box at all?

Ideally we'd suggest option 3 of the MMR as this is the most drastic one which wipes your box completely and deletes your recordings. If this one doesn't help with the situation then it's likely that your box is broken and can't be fixed.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Hi @essexman

Is the T1000 plugged into the powerline adapters which you used with your other YouView box? 

Are you able to perform any of the maintenance mode resets on the box at all?

Ideally we'd suggest option 3 of the MMR as this is the most drastic one which wipes your box completely and deletes your recordings. If this one doesn't help with the situation then it's likely that your box is broken and can't be fixed.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    @Sarah, surely option 5 is the most drastic one?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?