Frozen adverts

js_js_ Posts: 1Member
When trying to watch Taken on 5 USA yesterday the advertisement was frozen. I tried again this morning and was able the start watching the same programme again but again it has frozen on an advert. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    The adverts come from a different server from the programmes, and despite the way that the programmes can always hand over seamlessly to the adverts, which are often in better quality than the programmes, both the My5 and All4 Players seem to have extreme difficulty in handing back to the programmes.

Somebody needs to sit down with the providers of these Players and patiently explain that while it may be the ads that bring in the money, it’s the programmes that bring in the punters to watch the ads, and so the programmes need to play reliably.

We are trying to watch Elven (The River) on All4 at the moment, and while the ads were handing back reliably, there were only a couple of advertisers buying, so we got the same two ads over and over, and gave up halfway through, hoping to be able to go back at a time when no-one is buying ads, or lots of people are, so it is less boring than it has been.
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,206Administrator admin
    js_ said:
    When trying to watch Taken on 5 USA yesterday the advertisement was frozen. I tried again this morning and was able the start watching the same programme again but again it has frozen on an advert. 
    Hi @js_ ;
    Welcome to the forum :)  
    Can you please let me know the episode you were trying to watch on Demand 5? It'd also be useful for us to know your box model as well, you can find this on the back or bottom of the box or by pressing Help and then Info on your remote. If you're able to test it again and let me know the adverts which appear and then crash that'd be helpful to know as well.
    Thanks,
    Sarah