Remote recording from Android 'phone

I've just changed my 'phone to a Sony XA2 and downloaded the YouView App.  I've tried connecting with the DTRT 2110 box, on my own ethernet and the 'phone can't see it.  What have I got to do?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    Have you worked through this list?

(Maybe you have, and that is why you are here, but best to ask first, get the basics out of the way).

Can you download Fing from Google Play to your phone, and check that both the YouView box and the phone appear in the list of your IP addresses?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • Yes, everything is there
  • I've just installed the App on my wifes identical 'phone and it works beautifully but it doesn't appear in the list of connections in Fing.  Not only that but the list of connections is different from the list provided by "IP Scanner" on my PC.  Confused.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    I've just installed the App on my wifes identical 'phone and it works beautifully but it doesn't appear in the list of connections in Fing.  Not only that but the list of connections is different from the list provided by "IP Scanner" on my PC.  Confused.
    You have to refresh Fing as devices come and go; it doesn’t update dynamically. Could that explain both observations?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • I did refresh it and have done it again but still a no-show!  Funnily enough, my old Sony 'phone an X5 does still link to the FreeView box and it doesn't appear in the Fing or my IP Scanner list either.  Never mind, I have at least one way of connecting - thanks for your help Roy.