All4+ has arrived on youview

DanielDaniel Posts: 1,948Member ✭✭✭
I can confirm all4+ now works perfectly on youview. This costs £3.99 a month.

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 234Member
    And what prey do we get for our £4 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 February 2019, 4:47PM
    Anything a culture vulture might like to catch  :p

But mainly an end to All4 programmes not coming back after an ad break, because there aren’t any on All4+
    Now away for a bit....
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,889Member ✭✭✭
    1p change.
  • alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭
    Anything in HD?
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,948Member ✭✭✭
    al said:
    Anything in HD?
    No
    You got to wonder why, for 3 quid more you 
    can feast on the wonder's of now TV or Netflix . People just won't fork out for a slightly enhanced free service 
    Yes, but not a sniff of the very fine ‘Walter Presents’ programmes that All4 carries....
    Now away for a bit....
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,889Member ✭✭✭
    To be fair ALL4 have an immense back catalogue, so if their content is to your taste then it does seem a modest price to pay. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,463Member ✭✭✭
    This is going to be an interesting experiment as all previous attempts at pay for models from broadcasters have failed, with the free AD supported models way out in front, watcher wise.
    Mind you that was back in the day when only 10-15% of people watched VoD, whereas today BARB reports that has gone up to a whopping 45% which includes VoD, SVoD & PVoD (as in individual purchase items). 
    You get a 30 day trial but I think it's worth the money. Would I like it in hd sure but I think I'm just happy not to see advertising.
    Also it says in the all4 plus terms and conditions: You may use All 4+ at the same time on up to two devices.

This is a big difference from other providers who charge for extra streams.
    edited 5 February 2019, 9:14AM
    Visionman said:
    This is going to be an interesting experiment as all previous attempts at pay for models from broadcasters have failed, with the free AD supported models way out in front, watcher wise.
    Mind you that was back in the day when only 10-15% of people watched VoD, whereas today BARB reports that has gone up to a whopping 45% which includes VoD, SVoD & PVoD (as in individual purchase items). 
    All4 don’t need it to succeed; if you are happy to watch ads, you can always watch standard All4. If you aren’t happy to watch them, then you subscribe to All4+, or not watch All4 at all.

Having recently been bombarded with the same two ads over and over again throughout a single All4 programme, we are contemplating that latter choice.

That’s what All4 need to be scared of.
    Now away for a bit....
    That's why if I really want to watch something I ditch catch up and record it. Dont mind ads but they make catch up unwatchable