DTR-T1000 won't switch on after s/w update

My Youview box was updated on 1st Feb and now won't switch on with the remote control unless power is switched off and, after waiting 10 secs (approx), then it will switch on using the remote.

Component s/w is 3.3.160 (227a6b)
Manufacturer s/w is 29.106.0

Any help in sorting this would be appreciated.

Colin

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    Hi camallison,

The latest update was for T2000's only. There hasn't been one for T1000's.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions
  • camallisoncamallison Posts: 8Member
    Ooops!  Then my problem must be elsewhere.  Any suggestions?

Colin
    I don't understand what you mean by 
    "My Youview box now won't switch on with the remote control unless power is switched off."

What do you mean by 'off'?
  • Switched off at the mains socket and then switched back on after a short while.  Then the box reacts to remote control commands.
    Sorry to ask such a basic question but have you tried swapping the batteries? 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    A YouView box switched off at the mains takes two minutes to be ready to accept remote commands again, not 10 seconds.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • @Visionman - yes :)

@Roy - my mistake, you are of course correct.

I have just gone into maintrnance mode reset and performed software reset.  It seems to have sorted it.  I will check again in the morning after it has sat in standby overnight.

Colin
  • PS - the 10 seconds was the time I left the box powered down before powering up again.  Naturally, it took the full 2 minutes to accept remote commands.  It is well past this 70-years young fella's bed time, so bye for now and let's see how it performs tomorrow morning.

Colin
  • Software reset and leaving the box in standby overnight seems to have done the trick.  I will keep monitoring it for the coming weeks.  If it turned out to be a hardware fault such as dodgy electrolytic capacitors, I am happy to swap them out.

Thank you for your responses thus far.  Here's hoping the solution lasts.

Colin
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,281Member ✭✭✭
    If your box gets stuck again @camallison, and you fancy trying your hand at replacing the capacitors, you might find this thread on the MyHumax forum an interesting read.
  • camallisoncamallison Posts: 8Member
    Yes, seen it already, and I suspected the self same capacitors too.  Hardware is more my forte than firmware/software.  Thanks for flagging it though.
    edited 6 February 2019, 8:24AM
    PS - the 10 seconds was the time I left the box powered down before powering up again.  Naturally, it took the full 2 minutes to accept remote commands.  It is well past this 70-years young fella's bed time, so bye for now and let's see how it performs tomorrow morning.

Colin
    You young ‘uns - no stamina  :p

Though when somebody asked me late one night if I was thinking of retiring, I had to own it was probably past my bedtime  :D

It’s good that your box is working again, but if the capacitors are flagging - no stamina there either - then changing them to resurrect a T1000 is more like flogging (a dead horse).

While I have considerable affection for the T1000 that started it all, mine, still working perfectly, is in honourable retirement, since ‘working perfectly’ has moved on, and the T2xxxs and T4000 can do rather more than the T1000 can.

If your T1000 doesn’t hold up, I think you’d be better off bagging a cheap T2xxx off eBay to replace it (the BT ones work fine on any ISP).

Unless you are hankering for the smell of hot flux on old PCB that is  and you really want your T1000 to go sold(i)ering on >:)
  • Well, it finally died and, despite all efforts (not including replacing capacitors, too much hassle) won't respond at all.  So, I bought a DTR-T2000 as suggested.  Disappointed though that the T1000 displayed so many bad habits over time.
    Well, it finally died and, despite all efforts (not including replacing capacitors, too much hassle) won't respond at all.  So, I bought a DTR-T2000 as suggested.  Disappointed though that the T1000 displayed so many bad habits over time.
    You should find the T2000, like all the models with an external power supply, a quantum leap forward in reliability. Much easier, and cooler, to run the box off 12v than to try and incorporate the power supply, as the T1000s did.

And a disappointing raft of Humax firmware errors; odd, since their track record with the Fox boxes was so good.

But 6 years is an honourable life for any piece of kit, especially in a field where things are changing so rapidly.

Though I might wish the T2000 could move on from 2014 now...