Video is perfect, but no sound?

Gary HarberGary Harber Posts: 1Member
edited 6 February 2019, 6:47PM in Discussion
SORRY sorry...I googled "Youtube, and didn't realise I was directed to YouVIEW,  Oops, still, can anybody say if you get the same problem with this particular tv show?, it would be a big help to determine if it's me, my Laptop (can't see that) or (as it looks to be) the programmes themselves 

As a rule, youview (erm...youtube) is perfect, but SODS LAW  :(

I wanted to watch (still do) an ITV series called PUBLIC EYE. It's from the 60's-70's, and stars Alfred Burke as a Private Investigator. Please check it out, if only to see if you have the same problem that I do, in that the video of ANY episode will play without fault, but not the audio...it's as if I have it on mute....any ideas?

Cheers all

Gaz

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,152Administrator admin
    Hi Gary,
    Welcome to the forum!
    I've just checked ITV hub but can't find Public Eye on there to watch, can you confirm if you were watching a recording or watching on Demand? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    As a rule, youview is perfect, but SODS LAW  :(

I wanted to watch (still do) an ITV series called PUBLIC EYE. It's from the 60's-70's, and stars Alfred Burke as a Private Investigator. Please check it out, if only to see if you have the same problem that I do, in that the video of ANY episode will play without fault, but not the audio...it's as if I have it on mute....any ideas?

Cheers

Gaz

Play from where?
    Now away for a bit....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,463Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 February 2019, 6:55PM
    Are you watching this on Youtube? And which series (1, 2 ect)?
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 776Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 February 2019, 8:00PM
    I watched a couple of episodes of Public Eye. If I remember correctly it was on Talking Pictures TV (081) before Christmas in the slot now occupied by Gideon's Way, so not broadcast recently.

Is this a recording per chance @Gary Harber ?

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    Weird. Gary came back and Thanked Sarah, but didn’t answer anybody’s fundamental questions?
    Now away for a bit....
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 776Member ✭✭✭
    Ah - It appears that Gary has now edited his original post. This now makes much more sense and is no longer a YouView problem.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton