Missing information

Hi, can anyone advise me what is causing this lack of information?

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,378Member ✭✭✭
    Hi graeme1734 and welcome to the forum.

Is your box connected to the internet and/or have you just rebooted it?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,138Member ✭✭✭
    Assuming this was taken on the 4th at the time shown (9 days ago? Not improved since?), this is the live programme details that are not appearing, and not catchup ones?

Could you actually watch live programmes?

If so, then given that the guide initially shows the broadcast metadata, which it then overlays with metadata from the internet, this would imply not just that you are not connected to the internet, as @Visionman suggests, but that the (lack of) internet data overwrites the good stuff from OTA.

Which would be unsatisfactory if so.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 927Member ✭✭
    Not too familar with the non BT guide skins thesse days but isn't that a rather old guide layout . Is perhaps this an old box that has not been software updated for a long time ?
    edited 13 February 2019, 11:10PM
    zulu17 said:
    Not too familar with the non BT guide skins thesse days but isn't that a rather old guide layout . Is perhaps this an old box that has not been software updated for a long time ?
    Actually, looking again, I think that Bottom right Blue for ‘YouView Menu’ and the logo on the bottom bezel is a giveaway that we are looking at YouView on a Sony Android TV.

I wonder if they do what the screenshot shows if you pull the aerial cable out?

I wonder if this is what happened?

@Graeme1734 can you confirm this?

Have you done either of a soft reset (via the remote), or a Factory Reset, to try and restore normal operation?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • Hi guys thank you for your input. Yes it's a Sony Tv running on android software. I have checked the ariel and reset the tv several times. It is connected to the internet and all other services are working.  I get some programme information on some of the channels. It seems almost to be my favourite channels or most used that are not displaying the information. Strange thing is it seems fine in the morning but come the evening  it's worse. Would a factory reset help? The software on the tv is updated to latest version. 
    Regards Graeme 
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 45Administrator admin
    Hi @Graeme1734

Welcome to the community!

The issue you have stumbled across is a currently known issue, and is in the process of being investigated. A factory reset, as you quite rightly guessed, is the best mitigation at present until a fix is rolled out.

Would you be able to let me know what Android version your TV is running? 

Thank you :smiley: ,
    Louise.
  • Ni Louise
    KDL-43W756C Bravia 2015 version 7.0
    Graeme
  • grasmeregrasmere Posts: 5Member
    I TOO HAVE THE SAME VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM OF NOT BEING ABLE TO VIEW  THE GUIDE! WHY? ALL IS WORKING CORRECTLY THIS END - ALL CHECKS CARRIED OUT AS PER SONY ADVICE. I HAVE POSSIBLY A KD49X8305C -  IT IS A 49 SCREEN CORNER TO CORNER. IF YOU NEED THE EXACT MODEL NO. ADVISE HOW TO BRING IT UP ON THE SCREEN PLEASE.  FROM WHAT HAS BEEN QUOTED ABOVE THIS IS A KNOWN FAULT SO HOW LONG UNTIL IT IS FIXED?  FREE VIEW DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM - I HAVE TO USE MY PANASONIC RECORDER [SONY COULD NOT SUPPLY A COMPATABLE RECORDER TO THIS SONY TV!] TO VIEW TV GUIDES FOR ALL CHANNELS.
    grasmere said:
    I TOO HAVE THE SAME VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM OF NOT BEING ABLE TO VIEW  THE GUIDE! WHY? ALL IS WORKING CORRECTLY THIS END - ALL CHECKS CARRIED OUT AS PER SONY ADVICE. I HAVE POSSIBLY A KD49X8305C -  IT IS A 49 SCREEN CORNER TO CORNER. IF YOU NEED THE EXACT MODEL NO. ADVISE HOW TO BRING IT UP ON THE SCREEN PLEASE.  FROM WHAT HAS BEEN QUOTED ABOVE THIS IS A KNOWN FAULT SO HOW LONG UNTIL IT IS FIXED?  FREE VIEW DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM - I HAVE TO USE MY PANASONIC RECORDER [SONY COULD NOT SUPPLY A COMPATABLE RECORDER TO THIS SONY TV!] TO VIEW TV GUIDES FOR ALL CHANNELS.
    P.S. Please send an email notification if an answer is posted or reply via email, thank you.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR KEYBOARD?
    edited 16 February 2019, 11:33PM
    @grasmere

All Caps is SHOUTING, and is to be avoided.
    grasmere said:
    grasmere said:
    P.S. Please send an email notification if an answer is posted or reply via email, thank you.

I have worked out the answer for myself which is:
    Action Menu
    Sync Menu
    Select Watch TV
    Guide is now working as it should.
    Visionman said:
    DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR KEYBOARD?
    Negative.
    Roy said:
    @grasmere

Roy said:
    @grasmere

Well aware of that Roy, intended, shouting at Sony out of sheer frustration.
    I can assure you that I had not altered the setting that was the root of the problem - I would'nt dare being age 85+ without knowing what I was doing.
    Alls well that ends well.
    Nitety nite all.
    NITE!!!  :tired_face:
    edited 17 February 2019, 11:40AM
    grasmere said:
    Roy said:
    @grasmere

Well aware of that Roy, intended, shouting at Sony out of sheer frustration.
    I can assure you that I had not altered the setting that was the root of the problem - I would'nt dare being age 85+ without knowing what I was doing.
    Alls well that ends well.
    Nitety nite all.
    Problem is though that (a) you are shouting at us (your peers in this peer-to-peer forum), (b) Sony don’t monitor this forum and (c) even though YouView do officially monitor it, they won’t be back until Monday.

But a more considered request for help here, with a few details of what you had tried and what had failed, might well have led one or more of us to explain that in order to get the guide, you have to tell these sets that you are trying to watch ‘TV’, instead of one of the zillion other things these ‘smart’ TVs can do, for which they will not offer you the Guide, as it is only relevant to the ‘TV’ function  :p
  • Hi folks here's an update...phoned Sony and after the usual stuff we done a factory reset and that has worked just fine👍
    Regards Graeme 

• msd1518msd1518 Posts: 2Member
    Is there now a fix for the “no information” fault, I have a KD55A1 the epg works great on Freeview all be it hard to work around, as soon as I engage YouView the EPG fails again. I can’t get all players either, bbciplayer and my5 and that’s all, really missing STV player. Has anyone got this working yet it’s been down for weeks and weeks. 
    msd1518 said:
    Is there now a fix for the “no information” fault, I have a KD55A1 the epg works great on Freeview all be it hard to work around, as soon as I engage YouView the EPG fails again. I can’t get all players either, bbciplayer and my5 and that’s all, really missing STV player. Has anyone got this working yet it’s been down for weeks and weeks. 
    This is a known and ongoing problem at the moment, alas.

See here for the information YouView are seeking on this.
  • msd1518msd1518 Posts: 2Member
    Hi folks here's an update...phoned Sony and after the usual stuff we done a factory reset and that has worked just fine👍
    Regards Graeme 

What's the fix mate? Don’t keep us all in suspense... 😂

msd1518 said:
    Hi folks here's an update...phoned Sony and after the usual stuff we done a factory reset and that has worked just fine👍
    Regards Graeme 

What's the fix mate? Don’t keep us all in suspense... 😂

NOTE: The display screen may differ depending on the model or OS version.
    1. Turn on the TV.
    2. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Select Storage & reset.
    5. Select Factory data reset.
    6. Select Erase Everything. ... 
    7. Select Yes.

Doesn’t work for everyone, and even if it does, no guarantees that the fix will last, though  :(