Recordings early finish/late start

Intermittent recording problems on my BT Youview Humax box. Some recorded programmes are finishing a couple of minutes early on BBC1,  but have found that these lost minutes have been recorded on the next programmes at the start. E.g. today Doctors recording has finished 2 mins early but these lost minutes have started the following recording of A Place Like Home before that shows. This also happened yesterday and then A Place...recording ended early. I note from other threads that this is a BBC problem and not Youview software,. Please confirm and advise what being done to resolve. Thanks!

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,138Member ✭✭✭
    edited 19 February 2019, 6:34PM
    Yes, Marie asked me to leave the YouView box playing APTCH, and then said “No, no, no, not Doctors yet”, thinking I had chosen the wrong recording.

So I told her to keep the recording of APTCH, in case it was needed should Doctors cut off, and @“David B-W” has confirmed that it is going to.

And I have warned her that we have (and will no doubt need) the iPlayer for the dramatic closing moments of APTCH, so she can leave the meat cleaver on the rack for the time being.

It might just be an AR failure to the BBC, but it’s a threat to life and limb round here  :#
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    APTCH ran clean to the end, and a little beyond, as it should.

Going back to watch Doctors, this was truncated at the beginning, and the recording started a couple of minutes in, as evidenced by comparing it with the iPlayer version, which Marie watched instead of the recording.

I will check the recording tomorrow to see if it indeed finished early, which is what I expect to find.

Have they suddenly given the BBC to a trainee to run?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    Yes, Tuesday’s Doctors was cut off a few minutes before the end.
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 153Member
    Daytime TV awaits us all