Youview box internal volume

Shaun70Shaun70 Posts: 1Member
my Youview box is lower in volume than my tv how do I turn it up so they match?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,949Member ✭✭✭
    If your YouView box is in Surround Sound Mode, the volume of the YouView box is set to 100%. So if the TV is louder, you have to find a way to turn down the TV volume, which, if it is possible at all, will depend on the features of your TV.

If you specify the make and model, someone may know what is and isn’t possible with it.

If your YouView box is set to Stereo, though, then you can turn up the volume with the volume control on the YouView remote when the remote is in PVR mode.

Assuming your YouView box is a Humax T1000 or T2000; if not the remote may work differently, and you may need to tell us what model of YouView box it is.

But if you can adjust the volume try this first; but if 100% is still not enough, then proceed as for Surround Sound, above.

Good luck!

Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,277Member ✭✭✭
    Do you have a TalkTalk box? And if not, what type?
  • alal Posts: 1,293Member ✭✭
    If you have the same Panasonic TV as me you have a volume setting for external inputs. Whatever it's set to, try the other setting (I can't remember whether I had to switch "auto" on or off), this made a huge difference to me.
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 95Member
    In the Initial set up your advised to check the volume as it will stay at that level once setting up is complete.  Just set the box up again and adjust the volume when prompted. 
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 376Member ✭✭
    On the Humax YouView boxes to adjust the volume of the unit - to 100% I'd suggest - hold the AD button & use the volume up/down button. Pretty sure the same applies to TalkTalk units as well.
    For some reason the default setting for a new box is in the 80% range.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."