Jump to Time in (Long) recordings ....

So here we are starting the MotorSport Season & long Recordings - 4+ hours in many cases ....

The first Races of WSbK are now recorded and again the angst in having to (so called) fast Forward instead of a simple jumpt to the required point in the recording ... sigh

Can the Developers not give us a clue as to when this much missed feature from the original YV version will be implemented ?

Would be appreciated !

Thank you in anticipation - The Newfster ...

Comments

• NewfyNewfy Posts: 42Member
    sigh ....
  • BizBiz Posts: 34Member
    As a general rule of thumb if you ask on these Forums for a change or feature to be implemented that has already been asked multiple times before you'll be extremely lucky to get an official response. I don't think I've ever seen any kind of change to any firmware being officially pre-announced other than in the case of some reproducible bug and the promise it will be fixed soon.

My opinion - and I stress opinion - is that any major changes or additions to the various firmwares are not going to be implemented now or in the neare future due to the developers of this software either lacking the programming ability, budget or sufficient time to do so. The last three firmware updates to my box have all been mainly comsetic in nature, simple changes to the GUI or the moving around of existing data that any trainee coder could handle on his day off. Anything major, like adding a "Jump To" or a manual timer recording option, changes to the core functions or any of the dozens of other open requests currently listed in the 'Consolidated list of improvements and feature requests' Thread are unlikely to be addressed no matter what. Some of these requests, such as your Jump To, have been flagged for months, if not years, and nothing has been done in all that time so expecting something to be done about them as a matter of priority  requires quite a Leap of Faith.

I now have to put my hand on my heart and say, aside from some long-term exisiting bugs with the firmware, I'm fairly happy with the the way my box functions. But I would be even happier if it did some of the things that it used to do but which have been dropped along the way. I'm afraid you'll just have to accept that things are the way they are and what you want isn't important or cross your fingers and hope that the next firmware update will be a veritable cornucopia of helpful changes, new features and enhanced functionality. I'll let you decide which it's going to be based on the response you got to your question here.

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,463Member ✭✭✭
    Newfy said:
    sigh ....
    Never say never.  :)  
  • scottscott Posts: 1,991Member ✭✭✭
    It is getting worse. The WRC now runs all day on a BT Extra channel. So I have a 12 hour recording, I watched all the morning and lunch stages live so when I came to watch the last few stages on the recording I had to ff 10 hours which took about 20 minutes. I have made my feelings about this known and been told they are aware and agree and are pushing for it to be reinstated (of course there are many layers in BT each with their own agendas so I won’t be holding my breath).
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 241Member
    Have to agree with the biz mister. It's really hard not to feel youview is being left to wither and die and slowly faid into obsolescence. This also is a personal opinion.
    "they are aware and agree and are pushing for it to be reinstated"

Really?   B)  
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    "they are aware and agree and are pushing for it to be reinstated"

Really?   B)  
    Nothing in your crystal ball then, Visionman?

But YouView really ought to hop to it, and get this done.
    Now away for a bit....
    edited 3 March 2019, 12:33PM
    I think you meant jump, Roy.  :D
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,110Member ✭✭✭
    There was a tiny hint in the twitterverse yesterday that this may be something that YouView are currently thinking about.  ;)
  • StephenStephen Posts: 672Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you could possibly be talking about
  • andro101010andro101010 Posts: 25Member
    edited 10 July 2019, 11:25AM
    Please let this be true. The wasted hours of fast forwarding... :s
  • NewfyNewfy Posts: 42Member
    Oh Frabjous Day !