Information not available

I have a Sony android TV with Yourview included, however the channel guide keeps displaying 'Information not available' for certain channels. How can I resolve this in order to view the full channel listings? Thanks  

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    I have a Sony Android TV with YouView included, however the channel guide keeps displaying 'Information not available' for certain channels. How can I resolve this in order to view the full channel listings? Thanks  
    This is a known and ongoing problem at the moment, alas.

See here for the information YouView are seeking on this.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,006Administrator admin
    Hi @lalamandie
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    This is a known issue which is in the process of being fixed however as a mitigation, we find a Factory Reset of the TV usually resolves the problem. It'd still be handy for us to know the model number as well if this is possible just so we have it for our records.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • my sony tv also annoyingly has no information available. none of the suggested fixes work. if its aknown problem why isnt it fixed, when will it be fixed. My mothers 10year old freeview tv works better. please email any fix you have.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    my sony tv also annoyingly has no information available.
    none of the suggested fixes work.

You have tried the Factory Reset?

if it’s a known problem why isn’t it fixed?

It would be better called an acknowledged problem. But this just means that Sony and YouView are aware of it, and not necessarily that they know what’s causing it, know how to fix that without causing any other issues, have put the fix through several stages of internal and external testing, and packaged it with other fixes, updates and enhancements into a software release, possibly for every Sony Android TV out there, possibly for the backroom in-house content distribution systems. But either way, this all takes time.

When will it be fixed?

When all of the above has been accomplished. could be days, weeks, or months. My guess is weeks. 

My mother's 10 year old freeview tv works better.

Do you think she would be prepared to swap? And would you, really? :p   

please email any fix you have.

If there is a workaround found, or a fix developed, then it will likely be described here, or in one of the related threads. So make sure you Follow all such, and then each posting in these threads can/will be emailed to you.

Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?