Youview input blanking intermittently

stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭

Hello all,

This is a long shot when my gut feeling is the T1010 is finally coming to the end of its life, I have noticed a new issue in the last week or so.

Every so often which watching TV, not actually tried noticed while watching a recording the screen will go blank for 1-2 seconds before recovering, its as though all video output is lost from the box. I tried a different HDMI cable, same result. Is it just dying or has anyone else had similar? Could it be signal related although when I have signal problems I usually get picture break up and blocky picture rather than the whole screen going blank.

I guess I could try rewinding when it next happens to see if its blank on the recording or not (only just thought of that now while posting this).

Cheers,

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    I take it you have tried a Maintence Mode reset, 2 or 4?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭
    To be honest haven't but I might try the soft reset, don't want to lose all the recordings.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    stormy said:
    To be honest haven't but I might try the soft reset, don't want to lose all the recordings.
    MM2 and MM4 don’t lose them either.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭

Interestingly I think it is signal issue after all, what is odd is its mostly on COM7 channels (BBC New HD) where signal strength has always been around 51% - 52% and recently its dropped slightly to around 49% - 50%. If I rewind on a "blank screen event" I actually do get it to play back but its very pixelated/with break up. Interesting, maybe the signal has dropped just enough to go from marginal to borderline.

We are moving soon and will be interesting to see how a new antenna setup works in the new house.