Youview input blanking intermittently

stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭

Hello all,

This is a long shot when my gut feeling is the T1010 is finally coming to the end of its life, I have noticed a new issue in the last week or so.

Every so often which watching TV, not actually tried noticed while watching a recording the screen will go blank for 1-2 seconds before recovering, its as though all video output is lost from the box. I tried a different HDMI cable, same result. Is it just dying or has anyone else had similar? Could it be signal related although when I have signal problems I usually get picture break up and blocky picture rather than the whole screen going blank.

I guess I could try rewinding when it next happens to see if its blank on the recording or not (only just thought of that now while posting this).

Cheers,

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    I take it you have tried a Maintence Mode reset, 2 or 4?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭
    To be honest haven't but I might try the soft reset, don't want to lose all the recordings.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    stormy said:
    To be honest haven't but I might try the soft reset, don't want to lose all the recordings.
    MM2 and MM4 don’t lose them either.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭

Interestingly I think it is signal issue after all, what is odd is its mostly on COM7 channels (BBC New HD) where signal strength has always been around 51% - 52% and recently its dropped slightly to around 49% - 50%. If I rewind on a "blank screen event" I actually do get it to play back but its very pixelated/with break up. Interesting, maybe the signal has dropped just enough to go from marginal to borderline.

We are moving soon and will be interesting to see how a new antenna setup works in the new house.