edited 27 February 2019, 9:15AM in Discussion

Have you guys seen the UI on this Freeview Play box? :O

https://manhattan-tv.com/products/manhattan-t3-freeview-play

Pity its got no HDD :)

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February 2019, 10:46AM
    On the horizon perhaps.......

EDIT: On the horizon definitely - “A recorder version of the T3, the T3-R, is already in development and will be available later in 2019”.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭
    Yeh, if Youview don't come up with something new I think something like that will be my next box. Thanks for the links.
    edited 27 February 2019, 12:30PM
    stormy said:
    Yeh, if Youview don't come up with something new I think something like that will be my next box. Thanks for the links.
    De nada.

Looks like you’ll need ‘Flix’n’Sticks to augment it, though, just when YouView might finally be getting NowTV Entertainment. Or will that just be for BT TV users?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 156Member
    Didn't  see Netflix or prime on there and it's not wireless so can't see it replacing my 4k youview box but I think freeview play will advance more then youview. 
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,095Member ✭✭✭
    ... it's not wireless ...
    "Connect to a rooftop aerial to enjoy Freeview and by Wi-Fi or Ethernet for on demand"
      :)  
    Just good old youview in the ethernet  camp then.

Just good old youview in the ethernet  camp then.
    Indeed; that’s why I have just had to hang an Ethernet switch on my router because it’s run out of ports. And no, that’s three devices, none of them YouView boxes, that are Ethernet only, all current.
    Its just a pain having a youview box in the bedroom relying on pla when sitting next to it is a £10 now box that works perfectly on wireless. Obviously there's no freeview or recording on the now box but if sky can do it why can't youview 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,378Member ✭✭✭
    There are many TV boxes out there that offer on demand WiFi and also a few that offer PiPs.
    All one has to do is go out and get one.  :)