TalkTalk DN360T bricked/Dead after connecting with internet

adiljaniadiljani Posts: 2Member
edited 28 February 2019, 9:55PM in Support
hi i have a model TalkTalk DN360T which i got from near cheap shop, after connecting it with internet it shows talktalk logo ask me connect it with internet which i already did. after seconds of update my device went off no display on screen nor lights. but STRANGE thing internet orange light from LAN port still on which is showing its half alive. need help. is it some sort of blocked or talktalk company or else. i try to reset it but its still shows the same no display nor front 3 lights. Only back lan light is showing when its plugged with internet.

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 138Member ✭✭
    It should work on any network. 
    If you have just bought it, I'd take it back for a refund as sounds like it is dead.
    You could try a maintenance reset first though.
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,849Member ✭✭✭
    You need to connect it to an aerial too, at least for initial setup.
  • adiljaniadiljani Posts: 2Member
    edited 2 March 2019, 2:08AM
    redchiz said:
    You need to connect it to an aerial too, at least for initial setup.

.Stevef_fr8ys said:
    If you have just bought it, I'd take it back for a refund as sounds like it is dead.
    there is no display on the screen nor even startup logo how can i proceed. it all happend after connecting with internet. and i am not living in UK what can i do now expert advice required.
    if someone send me its firmware then i might able to reload it through usb or some possible way.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 138Member ✭✭
    Not sure what you will get abroad. You need tv signals for the box to work and some of the catch-up channels use those signals to determine content and others that you sign in.

You won't get internet channels without a subscription and as you are abroad there won't be any you can link into.

Whether the box is faulty or not, I doubt it would work at all anyway.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2019, 9:41AM
    adiljani said:
    Stevef_fr8ys said:

there is no display on the screen nor even startup logo how can i proceed. it all happend after connecting with internet. and i am not living in UK what can i do now expert advice required.
    if someone send me its firmware then i might able to reload it through usb or some possible way.
    Hi @adiljani

You can’t proceed, probably, if you can’t get into Maintenance Mode, except to proceed to the cheap shop and ask for your money back, as the goods are faulty.

The little blinking light on the Ethernet connection often stays lit, even on a dead box; I wouldn’t read too much into that.

There are no publicly available USB firmwares, and even if there were, a box as dead as yours would not respond to any attempt to load one; you would need at least to get it into Maintenance Mode, as @Stevef_fr8ys suggests - have you attempted this? - and if you could do that, you could likely refresh it over the internet anyway.

But what, if you are not in the UK, are you hoping to achieve with this box?
    (And where are you, by the way?)

A YouView box abroad will only get the local TV channels, which it will stash from 800 upwards; several or all of the Players you get in the UK will be missing; and any that are present will need at least a Smart DNS service configured to overcome geo-restrictions. As will Netflix, if you want UK Netflix rather than the local version.

I wonder how come a shop outside the UK is selling a YouView box, even a second-hand one?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?