Cheaper tv.bband calls package

jue59jue59 Posts: 1Member
Ive been with talk talk for about 3 years,never missed a payment,apart from some was paid a week later which i had arranged with talk talk,ive always paid the rip off late payment fee,yet when i asked talk talk last week if i could go onto a cheaper package,they said no as ive made late payments,i pointed out ive never missed any payments,but they wouldnt budge,my package has gone up from 32.95 to 54.95 and thats for the package i originaly ordered,i rang up officer of fair trading who said it amounts to blackmail as ive never missed a payment,just late payment authorised by talk talk.i now want to leave talk talk as i think they are not blackmailing me,any advice appreciated.

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 156Member
    Beginning of the year I was tempted by tt's cheap broadband offer  but a quick look at the horrendous reviews on trust pilot put a stop to that. One of the main gripes people made was when trying to cancel. If your out of contract sod them and grab a better deal elsewhere ' if your still tied to them then God help you.
  • meviewmeview Posts: 5Member
    edited 6 March 2019, 8:48AM
    For it to have jumped up in price that much suggests to me that your promotional discount has probably expired and that you may now be out of contract. Check.
    If so, explore BT and Plusnet if you're looking to swap.
    Talk talk may offer you a deal if you call to tell them you're leaving.
  • meviewmeview Posts: 5Member
    ^ add NowTV and Vodafone to that list.
    If you have a TT TV Box, after your initial contract is up, it's yours to keep so you can use it for Freeview and the Catch Up TV services for free without any subscription.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    meview said:
    ^ add NowTV and Vodafone to that list.
    If you have a TT TV Box, after your initial contract is up, it's yours to keep so you can use it for Freeview and the Catch Up TV services for free without any subscription.
    But note that if you had your TT box replaced by TT for any reason after the initial guarantee period, they will have retained ownership of that box, and you do have to give such a box back if they insist.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 396Member ✭✭
    Personally I find BT quite fair and if you have problems the BT moderators on the BT Community forum are excellent at resolving them.
    Check out any cashback deals for BT & other rewards they offer.
    Plusnet are a bit cheaper & support is UK based , as is most of BT's now , so that's a plus.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,849Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2019, 1:25PM
    If you are out of contract with TalkTalk you are free to leave any time you want. Although if you have a history of missed/late payments then you may find other providers reluctant to take on your business. 
    redchiz said:
    If you are out of contract with TalkTalk you are free to leave any time you want. Although if you have a history of missed/late payments then you may find other providers reluctant to take on your business. 
    By what means would another provider find this out?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    Roy said:
    Credit check?
    redchiz said:
    Roy said:
    Credit check?
    Ah yes. Funny all that is out there and I can’t even set my wife up to share our online savings account - “GDPR, guv. Got to talk to her in person”. Now, where’s my female voice changer?  :p
  • scottscott Posts: 1,967Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2019, 4:10PM
    @Roy often wondered when they say they can only talk to my wife (but she isn't interested in certain things as much as I am so just answers and passes it back to me) if they would actually know if I just said I will go get here and then spoke with a high voice while I answered the question. Drives me nuts sometimes especially when half the time you can ring the same number and some will give you the answer straight away and some won't.
    Re "she doesn't understand certain things" didn't you just love the seventies. 
    edited 6 March 2019, 4:19PM

Is that better :)

What I actually meant is she isn't prepared to argue over saving a few pound a month come mobile phone renewal, whereas I am quite happy to for her :)

I phrased it that she doesn't get it's all a game when renewing, and you can always get a better deal if you want to argue for it :) something most people on here know very well :) but my bad and I am slapping my wrist as I type...

• Paul1959Paul1959 Posts: 11Member
    I'm just thinking of something both racist and homophobic to say.... 😉 
     Yes being racist is really funny.......not
    Oh dear, but homophobic is OK? 
    Didn't want to go into a rant over unintentionally offensive behaviour. Paul looks he's from a less enlightened generation. The more obnoxious amongst us will jump on the ageist bandwagon' that was not a ageist comment but a observation. 
    Stop digging.
    Yes the seventies were good but seeing as I was only in single figures for all of them I suppose they would have been wouldn't they ;)
    scott said:
    Yes the seventies were good but seeing as I was only in single figures for all of them I suppose they would have been wouldn't they ;)
    Yes, I bet you were really excited the first time you got your Chopper out....  :p
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,286Member ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    Yes, I bet you were really excited the first time you got your Chopper out....  :p
    No more chopper jokes :s!

For the I'll informed amongst us that's "chopper" Harris. Poor Ron and the Norman (bite your legs)Hunter's of this world wouldn't last 2 minutes in the modern game, VAR anyone.