Black screen with sound on Netflix

I've tried both a hard and soft reset and tried plugging in a new HDMI cable but I can still only get sound with no picture when viewing Netflix on my YouView box. Please can anyone help?

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 156Member
    It's your weak  broadband. This only occurs when the signal is weak.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    It's your weak  broadband. This only occurs when the signal is weak.
    @“Stephen Bristow”

I’ve heard of slow broadband but how, over Ethernet, do you get weak broadband?

@ANN_COLOMBAT

It’s worth downloading Ookla Speedtest on a PC, laptop, tablet or phone, and reporting the speed results here, to see if that throws any light on things.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 156Member
    Usually I speak from experience. I actually spoke to Netflix when this happened to us and they informed us this ONLY (re the Roy meister) happens if your broadband is not up to speed. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,139Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2019, 9:15AM
    Usually I speak from experience. I actually spoke to Netflix when this happened to us and they informed us this ONLY (re the Roy meister) happens if your broadband is not up to speed. 
    @Stephen Bristow

I don’t know how they (you?) can be so definite, though. I found my T2000 giving sound only, on live broadcast TV, one morning a few weeks back.

A soft reset resolved it, and I thought no more about it, didn’t even bother to mention it on here. But that was a case of sound only, without either Netflix, or even the broadband, involved at all.

And funnily enough, this Netflix page on the topic suggests HDCP as a possible culprit, and does not anywhere, ever, mention broadband speed as a possible cause. Let alone the only cause.

@ANN_COLOMBAT

It may well be worth you looking at that page; if this has never worked, it strongly suggests a mismatch with the TV. I don’t know if it would be possible for you to try Netflix from YouView into a different HDMI input on the TV, or into a different TV, or Netflix from another device into the same HDMI input on the current TV?

Having said all that, though, HDCP issues would normally mean a black screen from YouView generally, rather than just from Netflix, though Netflix may be trying to display something that no other process on your YouView box is attempting.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,378Member ✭✭✭
    Ann - can you at least get the Netflix menu screen on your TV? And then it only goes black when you press play? Or when you select the Netflix Player is it just black period?
  • ANN_COLOMBATANN_COLOMBAT Posts: 2Member
    Hi, it only goes blank when it's actually trying to play something - I can see the main menu and I can select something to watch. That's where it all goes wrong!
    Whats you line speed and what quality of TV are you trying to access as it may be too high?
  • Gareth1Gareth1 Posts: 19Member
    I came across this same issue with my Humax T2000 box.  When in the Netflix app, I go to play a program or film and I hear the sound but no picture.  This happened every time unti  I solved it by logging out of netflix in the app and then logging back in.  I haven't had the problem since.
    edited 12 March 2019, 11:19PM
    Is that logging in and out via a laptop/PC? 
  • Gareth1Gareth1 Posts: 19Member
    Nope,  signing out and signing back in on the box itself.