BT T2100 (Retail)

As the title says. I have a retail Humax T2100 box, BT branded. It works fine (purchased in 2016), apart from a now failing remote, which I'll be replacing soon.
Recently, I changed my ISP (from the post office) to TalkTalk. Noticed a day later, that my box has now totally rebranded itself as a TalkTalktv box. As a result, all of the channels I don't subscribe to, nor particularly want, now show in the guide. Can these be hidden in any way?

As I now technically have TTtv, though not taking any of their tv services, will TT attempt to bill me for services I do not receive?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2019, 5:19PM
    The T2100 is a BT subscription box, never sold retail; perhaps you have a T2110 if you bought it over the counter?

But any YouView box, retail or not, BT or not, connected to TalkTalk as your ISP will take on the trappings of TalkTalk, subscribed or not, wanted or not.

But no, they won’t bill you for anything beyond the broadband, unless you actively subscribe to their additional services.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 116Member ✭✭
    edited 11 March 2019, 8:32PM
    Although there have been reports that they have picked up non TalkTalk boxes and tried to or have made a charge.

I'd suggest to be safe, contact them either by chat or joining their forum and checking the charge is not applied.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,265Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2019, 8:22PM
    Although there have been reports that they have picked up none TalkTalk boxes and tried to or have made a charge.

No there haven't. TalkTalks situation is far more complicated than that.
    Sarah, you either have a BT supplied BT T2100 which you have bought second hand or a retail BT box which is branded T2110. Not that it matters in your case.

Though to check, just press the blue YouView button, scroll along to settings, then scroll all the way down, then press enter on 'Device Information'. That will give you your box version.
    Visionman said:
    Although there have been reports that they have picked up none TalkTalk boxes and tried to or have made a charge.

No there haven't. TalkTalks situation is far more complicated than that.
    Sorry, there have as I have flagged some to be cleared and I have a friend who has never had a TalkTalk box but transferred from BT, declined the TV and had the charge applied.
    edited 11 March 2019, 9:00PM
    Its down to the line and package they have been put on. Meaning being put on Broadband and TV, which disappointingly was without the users permission. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,929Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2019, 10:39PM
    Visionman said:
    Its down to the line and package they have been put on. Meaning being put on Broadband and TV, which disappointingly was without the users permission. 
    Ah. so that’s how you are saying TalkTalk implemented the thing that above you said they hadn’t.

Makes all the difference in the world, except to your bank balance at the end of the month  :p
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • John C1John C1 Posts: 29Member
    Hi Sarah, yes you can hide the channels. Once you've got your new remote, go to the guide and press the yellow button, you should go to edit mode where you can hide channels, put a cross in any of the boxes for each channel you want to hide, then click done.

You can also use the categories above the guide, I don't know how much TT infests your BT box but I'm with PlusNet on my BT 2110 and there is a category named "Subscribed", that holds all the PlusNet channels and if "Subscribed" is there for you, you will probably find that all the TT channels are in that category.

This is a separate conversation but keep in mind that hidden channels can still be changed to using the channel up and down buttons and navigated to by entering the channel number, they also show up in search results etc, etc. Basically they are only hidden when in the main Guide.

John.
    Hi Sarah, 

There is another instance if an incorrectly charged TV charge on the TalkTalk forum today for someone who went live on the 12th, so I would strongly suggest you check your account and contact them as previously mentioned so you don't get an unexpected surprise.
    I wonder what happened to TalkTalks month to month contracts as YouView was meant to be?
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,812Member ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk TV Boosts remain available on a month to month basis. But you have to pay the £4 fee in addition to that. There are other benefits, notably a free rental voucher each month to the value of £5 and free multi-room.